• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1600W Evga or Rosewill Question

EagleOne

Gawd
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
690
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2 Power Supply Certified 80+ GOLD
Rosewill HERCULES-1600 1600W Continuous 80 + SILVER

Question:
80+ Gold certified is more Precision voltages at constant,
Rather than 80+ Silver certified

is there a big difference her power supply people?

which one would you want is the question
Thanks for the help!

:)
 
80+ has nothing to do with voltage regulation, ripple suppression, etc. There are units that pass 80+ specification while blatantly breaking ATX regulations. See [H]OCP's article on why 80+ doesn't matter.

That said, the EVGA is the superior PSU of the two, and at $25 more after rebate on Newegg, it's a no brainer. Pick the EVGA.

But what are you doing that requires a 1600 watt PSU?
 
80+ has nothing to do with voltage regulation, ripple suppression, etc. There are units that pass 80+ specification while blatantly breaking ATX regulations. See [H]OCP's article on why 80+ doesn't matter.

That said, the EVGA is the superior PSU of the two, and at $25 more after rebate on Newegg, it's a no brainer. Pick the EVGA.

But what are you doing that requires a 1600 watt PSU?

Thanks I was counting on that, EVGA it is!
I'm planning for a Bigger build in the near future, I have the room now for this Baby now, and Yes it's Newegg all the way, I saw 1 review at Newegg for Evga and 17 reviews with the Rosewill Hercules.

So the Gold is the key here, and Platinum is top of the line of course...
Thank you Tsumi :)
 
/facepalm

As I said, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Titanium, it doesn't matter. Those ratings do not determine the quality of the components used and how well the power supply performs. The only way to tell is to read professional reviews where they use load testers, oscilloscopes, and do teardowns. It just so happens that the EVGA unit is better built than the Rosewill unit. There certainly are 80+ Bronze units that have better build qualities and are better performing than 80+ Gold units.

Also, Newegg reviews on PSUs mean absolutely nothing. Except maybe the quality of support you can expect to get should something go wrong.
 
/facepalm

As I said, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Titanium, it doesn't matter. Those ratings do not determine the quality of the components used and how well the power supply performs. The only way to tell is to read professional reviews where they use load testers, oscilloscopes, and do teardowns. It just so happens that the EVGA unit is better built than the Rosewill unit. There certainly are 80+ Bronze units that have better build qualities and are better performing than 80+ Gold units.

Also, Newegg reviews on PSUs mean absolutely nothing. Except maybe the quality of support you can expect to get should something go wrong.

This is why I came "Power Supply Thread", You are My Expert and 1 other Person another Forum, Both of you said EVGA without a Blink,
this Decision is now over I can move on...Again Tsumi job well done, Many Thanks!
I will read [HD] Reviews 80+
Eagle101
 
hello again....
was thinking before buying, im thinking this one I don't mind spending some more money hopefully to get the better of the best possible......what do you think?

EVGA SuperNOVA 220-P2-1600-X1 1600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Platinum Certified SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Full Modular Power Supply 5yr Warranty New 4th Gen Intel CPU ECO Mode
 
Its a smidge nicer then the G2, but I don't think its 50 bucks more expensive better.
 
Another big question is whether you're on a 110-130V 15 circuit outlet or a 220-240V circuit with a whole lot more amperage. A 1600W PSU could, at full load, be drawing ~1800W from the outlet and at 120V and 15amps you could be looking at an eventual short or even an electrical fire if you have poor wiring.
 
Another big question is whether you're on a 110-130V 15 circuit outlet or a 220-240V circuit with a whole lot more amperage. A 1600W PSU could, at full load, be drawing ~1800W from the outlet and at 120V and 15amps you could be looking at an eventual short or even an electrical fire if you have poor wiring.

i'm a c10 electrical contractor, it's 120vac here with 20amp breaker #12 awg romex with ground, I already thought about that......I won't be at full load with the ps, maybe 1100 watts, even at 1500 watts i'm ok........good thinking, i'm a fire alarm warning system contractor but you need a c10 electrical license to do what i'm doing.
it's a dedicated circuit, just for me....thanks for the concern, you get an A+

my co. is called: life safety systems, in Burbank ca
 
Its a smidge nicer then the G2, but I don't think its 50 bucks more expensive better.

hey dog!

remember when you buy a new car battery, you say holy shit everything works better even the radio sounds better, I never had a expensive ps, i'm hoping to impress my self.....I just ordered from newegg, the better one supernova platinum

I called newegg there right down the street, she said i'm the 1st one to get from newegg the platinum supernova

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438037
 
Last edited:
Hah, sounds like placebo effect to me, but more power to ya. It is an excellent PSU, so have fun!
 
24mdvl0.jpg


hey I got the Evga P2 supernova" today everything is excellent thanks for the help here
 
well it works great, I turned on the eco switch so the fan will stay on all the time, its very quiet.

my computer runs way way better with the new PS, I have about 40% left over power which is what I wanted. I have read lots of "johnnyguru" power supply talk on his site.
he seems like a Genius, about power supply's

thanks for the help with you guys here.

I installed without any problems I used flathead screw driver the flat part to seat the connectors to snap in the ps with the cords.
very clean system and cords thanks everyone at [HF] :)
 
Back
Top