• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1600FSB too high for e4500?

t0mmyr

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
1,878
i was running 8x400 and cpuz said i was running 1600fsb, is that too high for a 2.2ghz intel e4500? or does anyone run higher?
 
FSB = quad pumped what you set. 1600 is fine if its stable.
 
weird thing is my system feels slower at 8x400 (3.2ghz) 1600FSB than 11x273 (3ghz) it feels snappier, or am i just imagining this
 
My Q6600 feels a bit more "squirrely" at 355x9 versus 400x8. OCCT stable with both at 3.2ghz, but 400x8 just "feels" more stable. I'm not sure I'm imagining it.
 
My Q6600 feels a bit more "squirrely" at 355x9 versus 400x8. OCCT stable with both at 3.2ghz, but 400x8 just "feels" more stable. I'm not sure I'm imagining it.

perhaps your mobo has a fsb "hole" around 355MHz? Some mobos have trouble with specific FSB speeds and run fine if the FSB is set higher. Goes counter to what makes sense, but it could be certain frequencies set up harmonics with other components and things flake out (in other words, there's more signal crosstalk/RF interference at 355FSB than 400 between the CPU and chipset)
 
perhaps your mobo has a fsb "hole" around 355MHz? Some mobos have trouble with specific FSB speeds and run fine if the FSB is set higher. Goes counter to what makes sense, but it could be certain frequencies set up harmonics with other components and things flake out (in other words, there's more signal crosstalk/RF interference at 355FSB than 400 between the CPU and chipset)

Yeah, I think that is the case. It's an Asus P5B Deluxe, and I recall reading that below 400 fsb the running at pretty tight timings and as you get closer to 400 it can't handle it, over 400 and the latencies loosen up when it switches to the next level. Wierd thing is that it tests stable, I would expect it to crash. The vdroop drives me crazy though, I think I have it at 1.45v to get vcore of 1.37 under load.


I just had to say, I love your siggy - Rig 1, Rig 2, Rig 3.... makes me feel a little less crazy for the number of computers i have. ::p
 
I just had to say, I love your siggy - Rig 1, Rig 2, Rig 3.... makes me feel a little less crazy for the number of computers i have. ::p

LOL... Yeah, i've managed to acquire TOO MANY computers. Mostly due to my Bro upgrading his crap at an amazing pace, and me getting his hand-me-downs.
 
Back
Top