1600 vs 2000 DDR

lehmann

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
1,362
Finnished a bigadv and picked up a 6060 which means play time for tweaking. Im using ocz gold ddr 1600 8-8-8-24-88-1t 3:00 fram times. upped vtt to 1.4 from 1.35 changed timmings to 10-10-10-24-88-1t very stable. but i saw no change in fram times. did the latency offset what i would have thought might be a slight improvement? now testing 8-8-8-20-82-1t 1600 fram times are 2:57
 
You know more about RAM than I do, however I did notice that The larger the WU the more it will be affected by RAM speed.
 
I think if i had some of the pretty red 7-8-7-20 2000mhz corsair stuff i would have seen a improvment.
 
from what I remember ram mhz speed is important but timings not really. 1600mhz > 1333mhz there's a difference.
Now 2000mhz ram, that could improve tpf by a few seconds, on a sr-2 probably more.
 
acually both are important. there needs to be a happy medium in mhz/timmings
 
Back
Top