16 hours prime stable then playing diablo 2 it crashes!

Liqwid122

Limp Gawd
I ran prime 95 for 16 hours then I stopped it to play diablo 2 because I thought it was stable. After playing for an hour it freezes! I was like ok weird so I restarted and played again. Another hour in it freezes! How can it be prime stable for 16+ hours then freeze after and hour of diablo???

Are you overclocking your video card? IM not sure about prime but i dont think it stresses a vid card (i could be totally wrong though) and maybe its why your locking up.

perhaps your VC is introducing enough heat into the case that your air cpu cooling is less effective

I am thinking it's your video card.
It shouldn't be anything with heat, because the crashes are an hour apart.
If it was heat, the 2nd crash would be much quicker, since the case/ components are already heated.

I would check drivers, fan on your graphics card, step down any video OCing you might be doing.

do you get an error message in diablo 2?

i got this before, and all i had to do was un-install my power dvd for some reason, the programs dont work with each other or something, its wierd. tr uninstalling it if you have it.

thanks guys for your suggestions but my video card was not overclocked at the time. Any other ideas?

My 3.2EE will prime for days at 4010mhz, but crashes in most 3d intensive games such as Unreal2k3,1942,COD. Drop it to 3.9 it runs without issue in games.

My FX51 runs at 2.5 and primes. but i have to to drop to 2.4 with a 12x mult and no fsb increase to play games.

My XP2500 will run Prime great but give it one hour of Mafia and it crashes to desktop. If I up the voltage the problem dissapears but I don't want to go any higher than I'm already at so I have to lower my overclock.

Originally posted by darthdana
My 3.2EE will prime for days at 4010mhz, but crashes in most 3d intensive games such as Unreal2k3,1942,COD. Drop it to 3.9 it runs without issue in games.

My FX51 runs at 2.5 and primes. but i have to to drop to 2.4 with a 12x mult and no fsb increase to play games.
Your taking two exoeriences from two people right? You don't have both a FX-51 and a EE? Please tell me you don't or if you do that you'll send one to me.... Please...

Back