Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Why Raid 6 and not Raid 10?
3gbps capable card and these drives are 6gbs drives so the numbers could be higher.
Go and read on the differences of raid 10 and Raid 6 and you will self answer. Also read what I posted:
-=:Below you can see the basic benchmark for the throughput. Now keep in mind this is Raid 6 with a way more intense parity calculation going on than raid 5 would have. Also you lose half the phys disk worth of storage due to the extra parity but you can withstand 2 disk failures in any order unlike raid 10 which can have an unlucky 2 be a total loss.:=-
Why in the hell did i share this if people can't just say shh cool and move on. There are ppl freaking defending my choice to use raid 6 when it shouldn't even be necessary. Some of you have no IDEA why I chose raid 6, if it's even permanent, and the history of the server, the consultation process with the customer. Does every server need 12tb of storage???
Any ways as the op of this I never recall asking for inputs on why I should have used raid x instead.
Sorry for defending your case. How the fuck are we supposed to know if it's temporary or not when you don't explain jack shit.![]()
At first I was wondering how the hell Asposium was getting 1300MB/s from a 5 disk RAID 6 but then I noticed the file sizes heh
Only 115 IOPS? That seems painfully slow. Is this just because your benchmark isn't queuing requests? What are the queue depth counters in Windows showing you?Adaptec 5405 256MB 4 Port SAS Controller
4x 300GB 15K RPM Seagate Cheetah Enterprise Hard Disk
Raid 6 for improved redundancy.
Battery installed - All write/read caching is on.
:
:
Below you can see where the IOPS really shine over mainline SATA or nearline SAS which these are true SAS disk. This is probably attributed to the 15K spindle speeds.
Only 115 IOPS? That seems painfully slow. Is this just because your benchmark isn't queuing requests? What are the queue depth counters in Windows showing you?
Sorry for people being honest and correct something you may think, which can be wrong, which in turn could mis-lead your client like thinking 6gbps would make the system faster when drives cant go that fast.
People will comment on decision others make because believe it or not, we don't always make the best decisions even though we often think we do.
CDM has exactly the same problem -- it only issues one outstanding I/O request.Im going to run Crystal Disk mark next time im logged into this server.
iometerIs there anything else I should run?
Once again I did not say they were going to push 6gbps. I did NOT say that. Read the flippin post people.
I said it could be higher. Could be a questionable statement. Means maybe but doubtful. The disk are rated for 6 but the interface they are on is 3.
Is this any different than claiming that a GTX580 is 16x preferred but is only running on 8x link? In benchmarking you want everything to deliver 100% as designed on all interfaces and connections.
So yeah Im not sorry if you are sorry.