15 Million points?!?

styx0r

Limp Gawd
Well, I almost didn't check tonight, but I finally hit 15 million! - It was a long and lonely road from the 12.5 million milestone.

I will soon be posting the results of my 9800GX2 trials in that thread I created a few days ago. I am pretty pleased with some of the discoveries I made while experimenting.

Anyhoo, yay 15 millionz! :)

My goal is 100k/ppd for the CC... I'm pretty sure I'll be able to reach it, just need to reconfigure some boxen... :D

WOOOT Turbo Grats bud!!!!! I hope to be joining you soon in that rare air! :)

Man, that's an impressive milestone, and congratulations! That's some awesome PPD you've got going there.

Ax

Mighty fine pile of points you have there.

Congrats :cool:

Holy crap... 15 million...wow.

It's absolutely amazing the number of points and multi-millionaires there are around here these days....

Great job man, keep it up!!

Way to fold (WTF) brother styx0r :eek:

CONGRATS to the max :D

DCing for the CURE

Congrats and keep up the good work. Looking forward to the day that I will see you on my threat list again.

That's huge. Maybe someday for me. I think the year 2020. Does anyone know how the rankings work on hardfolding.com

Its not in any order. I would think that more points=closer to 1, but its all mixed up.

Shmuckety, here are your stats.

I prefer that stats tracker to the hardfolding.com site, because I like the layout a bit more, and it's very reliable. hardfolding.com is great as well, but it's almost too detailed, and there have been problems with the database (because there have been problems with the forum), so I've stopped using it as much.

I think you might be confused by points per day v.s. absolute total points.

In a sense, there are two number 1s.

#1 in points total = FLECOM
#1 in point production per day = ROC (or at this moment, the [H]ardApe)

Remember, the power of distributed computing comes from the distribution. Being part of the effort is great, but telling others about it is the biggest contribution anyone can make.

:)

Styx0r Congrats that is just wicked.

also did you ever figure any thing out with the GX2 Mods?

I am planning on posting my results in full this next week - I've just been very busy.

The short version - a well-placed fan will drop temps massively - the stock cooler's fan does not flow enough air to dissipate the heat in the block. Helping the fan by sucking air out the top of the card yields a large temp decrease, especially when the fan is correctly positioned - you need the right amount of space and angle between the fan and the card vent.

Removing the case improves airflow, although not drastically. a few more deg. of headroom if you are willing to take that step.

Re-applying thermal paste to the GPU is worthwhile on many cards as well, especially if there's a +2 deg delta between GPU temps on one card.

I'll bump the thead I started when I have some time to upload pics & write out my findings in detail. :D

Back