15 Countries and 1 State Pledge to Regulate Lootboxes

Absolutely. And then there were the networked games you could play off your own server: I used to have a lot of fun with that, it's why I first ran Ethernet (the old thin-coax version) in my house. That was back when we only had 56K dial-up.

But apparently that's not where the money is anymore. :(

I agree with you. But I also see that other things are happening out of the light, like you can still play Warhammer Online even though they shut down the servers. It seems there is a community running a server with blessings. I wish I was home I could pull up the link. The point I would make is I wonder what the numbers are of people playing "non-paying" games, old titles without subs etc. It's not impossible to play Diablo 2 and so many other games that people burned buckets of game hours on.

Who in the business world has viability on this and can say that there is no money in supporting the old game models? Maybe they just don't know what they are missing.

I can't speak for you guys, but I don't play older titles because they are cheap/free. I play them because I'm tired of something more recent and looking for something that isn't available in a newer/current title.

But that's me.

Back