14700K CPU pinning

jfespinoza

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
131
I'm running Unraid as my OS with a WIN11 gaming VM and media dockers. I need to isolate cores for the VM but don't know which cores do what and which ones would be best for the VM vs docker media transcoding. How do I find out that information on my 14700K?
 

Attachments

  • RDT_20241209_1020233704468853229421801.jpg
    RDT_20241209_1020233704468853229421801.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
I think cpu0 - cpu7 are the P cores and cpu8-cpu27 are the hyperthreaded E Cores. Assign accordingly. When assigning E cores I would only do the hyperthreaded pairs (e.g. cpu8 & cpu9, cpu10 & cpu11, and so on)
 
Unraid is Linux based right? Just look at /proc/cpuinfo -- "less /proc/cpuinfo" from the command line or whatever. It'll tell you if a core has a sibling (aka HT is enabled and it's a p-core) and print out the base clock speed.
 
Back
Top