144ghz problem

vortexware

Weaksauce
I have a Viotek 35" ultrawide curved monitor, i have it connected via a dual link dvi cable, same as the secondary computer, which is seeing the 144 just fine, on this computer i do not see the 144 option in Nvidia control panel, the only way i can get it to work is create a custom resolution and add the 144, press test and it does passes, my issue is that the screen with randomly flicker and go back to 60, which is totally random, any ideas??

It does depend on the model of the video card.

The PC that works fine, what video card is it using?

The PC that isn't working correctly, what Video card is it using?

video card of the issue with 144ghz - GTX 980
video card with the pc with no issue - GTX960

If i do a custom resolution and add 144ghz it works, its just not listed as native, when it should

Maybe the ports are connected differently internally in the different video cards or some other physical difference, that is a strange behavior. I have a 1080 with only a single HDMI 2.0 port and have to connect an external 4k tv via a DVI to HDMI cable with a custom res and it does occasionally flicker as well. I have to do this due to port restrictions but you may have better options.

Also have you tried a different port like DisplayPort?

Have not tried a different port yet as the flicker only happens like once or twice a month, if it gets worse i will have to troubleshoot more, thank you for the tips

Also yes i meant to say 144hz not ghz LAWL

Back