1440p ips with a glossy panel?

iRUSH

Gawd
I cannot seem to find one with a glossy panel. Price aside, can these even be found anymore?

I very much dislike the matte cover that's on these displays and the environment the monitor would reside in suites this panel type. I prefer it as I enjoy the colors more.

Any help?

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=10489&seq=1&format=2

I haven't used it. I used the replacement to it that was cheaper, had a better stand, but used a very crappy AUO AHVA panel with defects galore. This one uses an LG AH-IPS panel that, based on the few impressions I've seen around the web is an A- panel, similar to the Korean imports. The difference is that it has a US return policy and warranty where you get free shipping both ways.

To be clear, the ONLY glossy 1440p IPS I've seen recently are:
-this
-Apple Thunderbolt Display
-Korean imports

It's funny, if you want an AIO? Glossy (almost all of them). Laptop? Majority are glossy. Phones/tablets? All of them are glossy. Standalone monitor? Pray and settle for semi-gloss, because glossy is a dying breed. And for every thread I see here or on other forums that state how much a person hates glossy, I see at least two "how do I remove the AG" threads.

It's because IPS is a high-end feature and glossy screens are generally very low-end.

I have a nixeus that has a glossy panel. If you were in Atlanta I would offer to sell it for $250 to you, I got it for $300. It's actually pretty damn nice.

It's because IPS is a high-end feature and glossy screens are generally very low-end.

This is incorrect. Matte and even Semi-gloss degrade image quality. Glossy panels do not inherently degrade image quality, but are at the mercy of their environment.

Matte - best suited for environments with lots of natural light (offices, large windows, daylight) where the user has next to zero control over the lighting.

Semi gloss - best suited for environments with limited natural light, mostly artificial light, where the user has some degree of control over the lighting.

Glossy - best suited for environments where the user has total control over the lighting and needs the best image quality possible.

The majority of standalone monitor sales these days are to businesses. Businesses need matte coated panels, so the majority of standalone monitors use a matte coating. Some gamer displays do have semi gloss, due to their superior image quality relative to matte. But few displays use glossy these days, and the ones that do are typically more expensive and harder to find than their matte counterparts.

I'll just stick with my 1080p IPS glossy panel till I can find just what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the input guys :)

I'll just stick with my 1080p IPS glossy panel till I can find just what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Give the Monoprice a try. They have a liberal return policy and they cover shipping both ways.

Back