• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

14206 3dMark 05 points !! great link

that is wicked. I want to do that with my old athlon xp 1800 and Geforce3 and see what I can do :p
 
:eek: wow.

Is it just me or is there smoke coming out of those chimneys on his video cards!?
 
Heh, there is no way I would take a soldering iron to not one but 2 $350 graphic cards... just insane. Nice score none the less.
 
i dont think that should be allowd first off its not practical bye anymeans usinf ln2 should not be allowed to make any kinds of scores in my book
 
demons9872 said:
i dont think that should be allowd first off its not practical bye anymeans usinf ln2 should not be allowed to make any kinds of scores in my book

I beg to differ...benchmarking is like drag racing, and some people build PCs just to bench like some people build cars just to drag race. Should someone's quarter mile time not count if their car isn't a daily driver?

And $350 for Ultras? Those aren't GTs, they're Ultras. :p More like two $450+ cards. :D
 
Zinn said:
:eek: wow.

Is it just me or is there smoke coming out of those chimneys on his video cards!?


Looks like he cooled with his liquid nitrogen. It's not smoke you see, it's
that steam/vapor you get from liquid nitrogen since it's so damn cold!

What was he doing to the video cards?
 
tsuehpsyde said:
I beg to differ...benchmarking is like drag racing, and some people build PCs just to bench like some people build cars just to drag race. Should someone's quarter mile time not count if their car isn't a daily driver?

And $350 for Ultras? Those aren't GTs, they're Ultras. :p More like two $450+ cards. :D
They were the ASUS "Extreme" Ultras which cost $600+
 
shows how little RAM sinks are needed on a normal machine.... :p he's running that ram on his video card at 1.3gHZ + with no cooling on it except the open air.
 
Umm, unless you dont realize it, he has a couple pipes filled with liquid nitrogen bolted to the cards... the entire card will get cold with that kind of head differential put on the core like that. I think there is frost forming on the card, in one of those pics.
 
but yea any one can do that to a card but who can do it with cooling that thery can use 24hours a day and get those scores if the pc cant run @ those speeds for 1 week straight with out touching it like a god w/c setup or air or even promie cooled i dont think it should be allowed to be in the top score rankings yea maybe be there to show u those cards can get that kind of score but you need to do massive cooling. And for the drag racing thing yea they build cars to drag but there practical thats what there ment to do these pc arent ment to be running @ -100c
 
demons9872 said:
but yea any one can do that to a card but who can do it with cooling that thery can use 24hours a day and get those scores if the pc cant run @ those speeds for 1 week straight with out touching it like a god w/c setup or air or even promie cooled i dont think it should be allowed to be in the top score rankings yea maybe be there to show u those cards can get that kind of score but you need to do massive cooling. And for the drag racing thing yea they build cars to drag but there practical thats what there ment to do these pc arent ment to be running @ -100c
Some cars were ment to drag race. But I doubt that civic motor was built originally with a turbo pushing 30 psi in mind. Some people push their cars way further than they were ment to be taken just to drag race. It is really the same concept minus the funny cars and top fuel dragsters, because I doubt there is anyone that makes a living out of benchmarking professionally built machines :) I think those scores are fine because everyone can see what it took to get there. If I had a stock cooling or even water cooled system similar to his I would not be expecting those scores so I would just disreguard them, but at the same time it's cool to see who can get the absolute highest score possible. So, I say keep them.
 
eek.gif
614/1323 in SLI

WOW
 
Sooner or later some benchmarker will get higher score...with more cooling. Its 'free for all' competition ;)
 
The top 3Dmark05 score was done with TwinMOS value.


I told you I was right all along ;)
 
lithium726 said:
eek.gif
614/1323 in SLI

WOW

yeah - wow is right... I think having adequate power is really important for super high OC's in SLI... as well as cooling, but power is often overlooked... as we all read about... they have like over 1300watts of power there... whew... I am seriously considering my next purchase to be a Thermaltake PP 680.
 
revenant said:
yeah - wow is right... I think having adequate power is really important for super high OC's in SLI... as well as cooling, but power is often overlooked... as we all read about... they have like over 1300watts of power there... whew... I am seriously considering my next purchase to be a Thermaltake PP 680.

Something else that's important for high OC's is LIQUID NITROGEN, haha.

I hope you arent serious about the Thermaltake PSU. The PCP&C 850W monster would be a much better investment for SLI.
 
Back
Top