13in macbook pro battery

r3awak3n

Gawd
Getting a warning on my battery to service battery. I know its nothing serious and I can still use the computer, it is pretty much telling me that the battery does not hold a certain charge.

I think I might replace it myself. On ifixit an apple battery is $130 which I would rather go get it replaced by apple. On ebay I can see "genuine" batteries for $60 which is a good deal and I would probably just do it myself.
I am just sketched out by ebay. Are these really genuine or just some crappy OEM batteries?

Anyone have any experience with replacing a battery on a mbp?

While I haven't done the switch on a mbp I've done several with lots of other macbooks and laptops. In general if you pick from a seller who has sold a ton of the very listing you're looking at and has 99% feedback then you're going to be ok. This approach has served me well and saved a lot of money.
This is what I'm referring to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-App...64355?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item43b6c1d203

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you have an apple store nearby? They can do it for you and it is probably going to be the same cost as the one on iFitit.

I would stay way from the cheap ebay ones. Most times they are just really shitty

/\ yea i would def go to a mac store (there are like 10 in Manhattan that I can get to very fast) for $110 from Ifixit but the ones on ebay say that they are genuine and are half the price. I have no interest in doing it myself (not because its hard, its not its very very easy) unless I can save a good amount

@shota: I will check the ratings out and wil probably go that route. I dont even care if its not original as long as it works well.

Back