1360x768 not clear on my HDTV?

pdp76

Weaksauce
I have a GeForce 6200 and I have it outputting 1360x768 via DVI-D just fine on my Sharp LC-32D41U. However, the picture is kind of blurry. Normally, I would use the "Auto Sync" button on an LCD monitor to correct the blurriness that I see, but for some reason, Sharp decided to disable the the "Auto Sync" button when using DVI-D! WTF? Anyway, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do on the nVidia driver side to manually sync my picture? For example, in the Advanced Timing options, what are all these "front porch" etc.... settings?

You may have just mistyped the resolution, but have you tried 1366x768 which is the lcd's native resolution? I don't know if that would be enough to cause it, but it is worth a shot.

I have a GeForce 6200 and I have it outputting 1360x768 via DVI-D just fine on my Sharp LC-32D41U. However, the picture is kind of blurry. Normally, I would use the "Auto Sync" button on an LCD monitor to correct the blurriness that I see, but for some reason, Sharp decided to disable the the "Auto Sync" button when using DVI-D! WTF? Anyway, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do on the nVidia driver side to manually sync my picture? For example, in the Advanced Timing options, what are all these "front porch" etc.... settings?

"Auto Sync" aka "Auto Calibration" is a process designed to automatically adjust the geometric properties of an image displayed from an analogue signal so that it properly fills the LCD panel display area. It doesn't do anything on a digital signal because there just isn't anything to adjust - it's all digital.

The reason you are seeing a blurred image is because your video card isn't set to display at your LCD panel's native resolution, and your LCD panel is using it's built-in upscaling algorithm to make the image fit the native resolution. Try downloading and installing an updated monitor INF file for your LCD or try manually creating a resolution that matches the native one of your LCD in the advanced timings control panel.

You may have just mistyped the resolution, but have you tried 1366x768 which is the lcd's native resolution? I don't know if that would be enough to cause it, but it is worth a shot.
The TV explicitly states that the PC input is 1360x768..... but you're right, the native resolution is 1366x768.... I'll try tweaking that a little more.

"Auto Sync" aka "Auto Calibration" is a process designed to automatically adjust the geometric properties of an image displayed from an analogue signal so that it properly fills the LCD panel display area. It doesn't do anything on a digital signal because there just isn't anything to adjust - it's all digital.
That's good to know and it makes sense. However, on another Sharp TV I have (LC-37D5U), even when I use the digital input, the "auto-sync" option is still available and when I use it, it makes a difference. Perhaps it's only used to center the picture on the older Sharp TV I have?

Ok, my problem was pretty stupid..... so I was correct when I set my video card to 1360x768, that is the resolution the Sharp 32D41U takes for the DVI input. But like someone else said, the native resolution is 1366x768.... so the TV itself was stretching the picture by 6 pixels to the native resolution! That measly six pixels caused a whole hell of a lot of blurriness. Anyway, I also realized there was a 1:1 (Dot by Dot) setting, in addition to the stretch setting, on the TV which shows ONLY 1360x768 by putting three columns of black pixels on either side, so that fixed it. But thanks for the insight to all who responded, it helped me figure it out, as stupid as it was....

Back