134$ Crucial Billistix DDR2-800 2GB Kit ---After GCO @ BUY.COM / Micron D9

BladeX

Weaksauce
Saw this over at FW, credit goes to zoym.

134$ Crucial Billistix DDR2-800 2GB Kit (2 x 1GB) ---After GCO @ Buy.com

http://www.buy.com/prod/crucial-2gb...dr2-800-pc2-6400-non/q/loc/101/202541818.html

MICRON D9 ic

143.99$-10$ GCO (new customer)

=133.99$

Features Manufacturer Crucial Technology
Form Factor 240-pin DIMM
Manufacturer Part Number 112438 (ballistix 2gb pc2-6400)
Standard Warranty Lifetime Limited
Memory Size 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
Product Name 2GB DDR2 SDRAM Memory Module
Number of Modules 2 x 1GB
Memory Speed 800MHz DDR2-800/PC2-6400

Confirmed D9 eh? Lifetime warranty and such as well...

Just got paid, and alraedy have a DS3. Looking at a E6420 or E6600...how would this RAM fare? Should I look at some -1000 speed RAM instead?

I got a pair. Of all the brands to come along lately like the Firestix, and GeIL etc, that most people missed, I feel much better going with Crucial over the other brands.

$133 shipped feels good ... real good. :)

And yes, these are D9's, go google "112438 ballistix"

also, Crucial Technology 112438 or BL2KIT12864AA804

Here is the makers page on this product, http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=BL2KIT12864AA804

Also, here is a snippet from a review of this product:

"Crucial Ballistix : The Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 kit provided great performance and good overclocking capabilities. Since it most certainly carries Micron chips, we expected no less. Unfortunately the modules were not fully stable with 3-3-3-9 timings at 800MHz and 2.1V, so we had to go with 3-3-4-10 timings. However after burning in the modules, we found out that they reacted to voltage even better and could raise their frequency slightly higher on the Intel system. They should be of high interest to overclockers who plan on feeding them high voltages."

Also, here is a review with pictures confirming these are in fact, D9's: http://hardware.gamershell.com/articles/crucial_ballistix_ddr2-800_2gb_kit_review/

And one last thing, this memory was $459 at one time from Newegg I am pretty sure.

Yeah, I just bit. I used my first time GCO on somethign else though, so I paid $140 after googling for some paypal codes. Not bad at all...looking forward to my first C2D rig. I've got the DS3, I've got the RAM now, and now I just await a 6420 or 6600.

I just bit as well. Took the 7-9 day free shipping so patience needs to be a viture. :p

Neo

I like how there is no model # anywhere for the product :rolleyes:

Buy.com said:
Manufacturer: CrucialMfg Part#: 112438Buy.com Sku: 202541818Item#: C5347M

Crucial.com said:
2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 memory module
BL2KIT12864AA804
Module Size: 2GB kit (1GBx2)
Package: Ballistix 240-pin DIMM
Feature: DDR2 PC2-6400
Specs: DDR2 PC2-6400 • 4-4-4-12 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR2-800 • 2.2V • SLI-Ready • 128Meg x 64

Yep, no info anywhere.

edit: Didn't catch the sarcasm at first ... lol

"yep, no info anywhere"

You guys are kidding me?

On the buy.com page for this memory, you will see an "additional information" tab. there you will find the part number, which is: 112438

They may not have provided all the details you need, but ... I did.

Read my first post, these are in fact D9's. I've included a few links and search words.

Take the part number and google it for reviews.

According to Ramlist the pc2 6400 is in fact a D9. They didnt specify the manufacturer's part number but the price aint bad at all.

These are D9 like people have previously said.
But I def. wouldnt go by Ramlist.
That thing is not kept up to date at all.

I know that Crucial creates their own Micron chips :)

They just chucked my PayPal payment back at me...the fuck? I guess something went weird when paying from balance.

/me pulls out CC muttering

I have 4GB of this exact ram in my main box and it's been great... I need to get an A1 rev of the eVGA 680i board, then I'll push it a bit higher. It's definitely D9 and a sweet deal. I paid $540 for my 4GB about 2 months ago.

I have a question for anyone experienced with ballistix. As everyone should know, back in the DDR line, crucial billistix was known for failing OFTEN. So much so, everyone started selling theirs off and buying something different. It was very well known around the community.

Im assuming this is not the case anymore with the DD2 line? I havnt really been following them since I decided to ignore them after the DDR issues.

Wow, I couldn't pull out my credit card fast enough, I was looking at the same pair of sticks for twice the price elsewhere.

I have a question for anyone experienced with ballistix. As everyone should know, back in the DDR line, crucial billistix was known for failing OFTEN. So much so, everyone started selling theirs off and buying something different. It was very well known around the community.

Im assuming this is not the case anymore with the DD2 line? I havnt really been following them since I decided to ignore them after the DDR issues.

I've only had mine for about 2-3 months now, but they've been great sofar. What was failing in Crucial's DDR(1) line? The memory chips themselves or other components on the board... do you know?

doh! this was what i wanted! dangit. but i shelled out the dough for my firestix already.

Back in the DDR line with AMD64 systems that people were ocing on, it seems the ballisitx couldnt take the voltage increases at all and were failing left and right. AT the time it happened and people found out, there was a huge barrage of people selling them off as quickly as possible. :p And crucial had like billions of RMA's to look forward to. :p

Im fairly sure this is not still happening(I would hope anyways?), havnt really paid attention to them lately in the DDR2 scene so...

Well if it was the IC's failing... then you'd have no worries with this ram, as it's 100% confirmed D9GMH. I haven't heavily researched these (other than checking out a few reviews, etc), but I haven't seen anything negative said about it anywhere.

I was just checking. I would hope from 6 months to a year ago, they wouldnt have the same issues with different modules. :)

I was just checking. I would hope from 6 months to a year ago, they wouldnt have the same issues with different modules. :)

If D9's end up blowing up, more than half of us here will be f*cked I bet :eek:

This is a great price tho, on par with firestix price. Not sure if im gonna pull the trigger though. Freaking tax kills it for me.

Sell me your firestix. :)

lol. i just got them. didnt even play with them yet. ;p thought my teamgroup went the way of the grave, but they magically came back to life when i stuck them into my new p5n32 e sli plus mobo. i was actually lookin at the tracers on tigerdirect for around 180. then firestix came up, and eh, couldnt pass that up. thought these were tracers for some reason. black pcb + black hs mmmm.... hehe. i'll hold out a while longer... in the meanwhile what do i do with 6GB of ram on windows xp?

hooray oregon! no tax. :D bwhaahha!

lol. i just got them. didnt even play with them yet. ;p thought my teamgroup went the way of the grave, but they magically came back to life when i stuck them into my new p5n32 e sli plus mobo. i was actually lookin at the tracers on tigerdirect for around 180. then firestix came up, and eh, couldnt pass that up. thought these were tracers for some reason. black pcb + black hs mmmm.... hehe. i'll hold out a while longer... in the meanwhile what do i do with 6GB of ram on windows xp?

hooray oregon! no tax. :D bwhaahha!

You actually have a board that takes > 4 modules? Good luck seeing more than 3.5ish GB of ram without XP x64.

You actually have a board that takes > 4 modules? Good luck seeing more than 3.5ish GB of ram without XP x64.

lol. no. i have 6gigs but only use 2 at a time.... no point in using more since windows xp doesnt see it. debating between the firestix and my old teamgroup at the moment. might even add this crucial to the mix. always wanted some ballistix.

I'd order these and sell my Firestix if I didn't have such a total lack of faith in Buy.com (thanks to previous bad experiences).

Why did I have to use my GCO account already on needless things? :confused:

doh! this was what i wanted! dangit. but i shelled out the dough for my firestix already.

I don't see how the Ballistix would be better than the Firestix. The Firestix use Micron D9GMH IC's as well and are known to overclock very well. Your Firestix may prove to overclock higher.

They'll probably equally o/c, as they're both using the same IC's

it says 159.99$ when i add it to my cart....Can someone help me out here:eek:

Back