• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

-130C chiller on ebay...

r12's cheap...but also rather ineffective when compared to say r404a or the polywell blends
 
R12 has actually gone thru the roof when compared to R22, R134, R404 or R507 as they no longer make R12....it is still cheaper than polycold or the like though.

here is a comparison of the prices:
R12----30lbs--$680
R22----30lbs--$89
R134a 30lbs--$125
R404a 24lbs--$260
R507--24lbs--$257

Those prices are from an online supplier and include shipping so they are prolly a little higher than local HVAC suppliers.

you might be able to convert that chiller over to R22 but that might push the limits of the equipment beyond what they can stand.

EDIT: lol...did it again...posted from dawg's house and forgot to log him out before posting. damn the hangover.:rolleyes:

weapon--
 
Has anyone looked at Helium phase change cooling? I use it at work and these compressors get down to about 8 to 11 Kelvin. at those temps it can almost stop about every element exept for H2 and helium from moving. I wonder if I could get that strapped to my 2.4C!

check it out at CTI

thatis one of the smaller cheaper units
 
that looks very very interesting...I wonder if anyone over at xtreme has done it and with what results. On a side note, it's wonderfull to finally see some [H]ard talk at what is rapidly becoming the {S}oft forums.
 
thanks, sorry for the long lead time. I just got back up after a mobo died.
 
Back
Top