Hello all, I will be putting a new build together in the next couple of weeks and would appreciate your advice.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
I will be using the computer for Solidworks, including simulation, as well as some gaming.
It will also be used for general use (web browsing, music etc), but i dont think that's very important.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Budget is ~$1300 USD, it is flexible but I don't want to spend more than I have to.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Baltimore, Maryland
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I need : CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Case, CPU Cooler
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will be reusing an Intel 240GB ssd I have lying around, as well as a Western Digital 2tb drive. Also, I will reuse monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers, microphone.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Maybe a mild overclock, but I have no experience in overclocking and value stability and reliability over blazing speed.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I use 2 27" 2560x1440 monitors
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within about 2 weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I would like USB 3.0, SATA 6gb/s, UEFI, RAID I suppose, also I think I want a motherboard with 8 RAM slots, but please correct me if that's a waste. Onboard video and sli/crossfire are not required
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have a retail copy of Windows 7 x64 Professional I plan on using.
Thanks in advance!
Solidstig
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
I will be using the computer for Solidworks, including simulation, as well as some gaming.
It will also be used for general use (web browsing, music etc), but i dont think that's very important.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Budget is ~$1300 USD, it is flexible but I don't want to spend more than I have to.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Baltimore, Maryland
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I need : CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Case, CPU Cooler
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will be reusing an Intel 240GB ssd I have lying around, as well as a Western Digital 2tb drive. Also, I will reuse monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers, microphone.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Maybe a mild overclock, but I have no experience in overclocking and value stability and reliability over blazing speed.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I use 2 27" 2560x1440 monitors
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within about 2 weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I would like USB 3.0, SATA 6gb/s, UEFI, RAID I suppose, also I think I want a motherboard with 8 RAM slots, but please correct me if that's a waste. Onboard video and sli/crossfire are not required
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have a retail copy of Windows 7 x64 Professional I plan on using.
Thanks in advance!
Solidstig