12700kf + rx6600?

ecco

n00b
I've recently come across a couple listings for a secondhand i7 12700kf for $140 and an XFX RX 6600 for $100. How well would these pair together? I'm currently running a Ryzen 5600; how noticeable of an uplift would performance be between these two CPUs? I don't really play any super-demanding AAA games, but I do play lesser demanding games along with some workstation tasks.

The RX 6600 is not fast enough to separate the two CPUs in gaming, but for workstation use the intel chip should be quite an upgrade depending on what you're doing. What do you use it for?

I would snag that RX 6600 though, for $100 thats a steal.

I've recently come across a couple listings for a secondhand i7 12700kf for $140 and an XFX RX 6600 for $100. How well would these pair together? I'm currently running a Ryzen 5600; how noticeable of an uplift would performance be between these two CPUs? I don't really play any super-demanding AAA games, but I do play lesser demanding games along with some workstation tasks.
The 12700KF should be superior in Single Thread performance and give a boost to any game that is sensitive to higher frequencies. Anything that leverages the 8 Cores like Cyberpunk will gain a good boost

As LigTasm says about the price, that's a helluva deal on the 6600.

The RX 6600 is not fast enough to separate the two CPUs in gaming, but for workstation use the intel chip should be quite an upgrade depending on what you're doing. What do you use it for?

I would snag that RX 6600 though, for $100 thats a steal.
I'd be using it for occasional GIS processing in ArcPro. I'm pretty happy with my setup now (5600 + rx 6600) but I have another build I could use those parts in while upgrading my CPU in this build and the GPU in the other (which currently has a 1660ti in it)

I'd be using it for occasional GIS processing in ArcPro. I'm pretty happy with my setup now (5600 + rx 6600) but I have another build I could use those parts in while upgrading my CPU in this build and the GPU in the other (which currently has a 1660ti in it)

Theres not a lot you can get better for $140, grab something like the MSI Z690 Pro DDR4 and go to town.

Great deal for the CPU, can't possibly go wrong with that. It's a great workhorse. Nice sized power draw, though.

Back