• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

125watt TDP issue

commissioneranthony

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
1,351
Ok. I just got a Zotac 6100-e-e ITX am2/am2+/am3 mobod. The board doesn't look like it has been ever used, but I'd like to test it. The motherboard has a max TDP of 65 watts. The problem is...I have only 125watt and 95watt phenom x4's. I am only planning to run the board for a minute or so, just to check if the bios woks and then shut the system off. I will end up using a silencer 750watt PSU to power the itx mobod for the test.

Here's zotac's page on the cpu support list:
http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-gf6100-e-e-am2-am2-nvidia-geforce-6100-mini-itx-amd-motherboard.html

Should I test the system with a 9850be or 9950be? Or should I just buy a less than 65watt amd cpu to avoid any issues? Will this break the itx motherboard? Thanks a bunch.
 
I am not sure if it would cause damage, but givent he amount over I wouldnt try.. I would jsut get a sempron for it & call it good.
 
If you are actually going to use this board I would go with this:
$59 - AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz.

It's a bit more than the above sempron but again, if you are actually going to use it for something you might as well splurge the extra $20 for a better cpu. Bastage's suggestion would work well too.
 
If you are actually going to use this board I would go with this:
$59 - AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz.

It's a bit more than the above sempron but again, if you are actually going to use it for something you might as well splurge the extra $20 for a better cpu. Bastage's suggestion would work well too.

yea it sounded like it was going to be for a test so I Grabbed the cheapest one & since its a dual core it should perform better then the newer sempron 140 thats a single core.
 
Back
Top