120mm fan placement

Greg86

n00b
Hey guys,

I just noticed i got a spot for a extra 120mm fan in the lower front of my case. Seeing how fans are cheap, i guess its never a bad idea to keep your stuff as cool as possible. my question is how to position the fan. would it be a better idea for it to suck cold air into the case or blow hot air out? I already have a 120mm fan in the rear blowing hot air out. I also have two openings (not for fans) on the rear side of the case so the internal gpu and cpu fans can suck cold air into the case. I'm thinking of getting a ultra low flow fan for the front in order to keep noise levels down.

I would suggest you set it to pull air in so that air flows over your HDDs and through your case.

I agree, have it sucking the air into the case. However I suggest you get a high flow 3 pin fan and then slow it down with speedfan, that way if you ever need the extra airflow on a hot day you can have it.

I agree, have it sucking the air into the case. However I suggest you get a high flow 3 pin fan and then slow it down with speedfan, that way if you ever need the extra airflow on a hot day you can have it.
Agreed! Antec makes a nice 120mm fan with the tri-speed switch, with or without led's.

I´d recommend Nexus 120mm fans for best price/performance/airflow/noise ratio.

Back