Hi all,
I recently bought a Asus VG236H 120Hz LCD screen and am content with it but confused at the same time.
With my 60hz LCD i like to turn on vsync to have a constant 60fps without tearing.
Now with the 120hz screen if i turn on vsync the fps cap is still 60.
I thought logically it would be 120 because of the 120 hz, otherwise what's the use, right?
I have Win7 and a hd 6950 and in catalyst control center the screen is listed correctly but with a max refresh rate of 75hz whereas windows lists a max refresh of 60hz which i find weird too.
Is all this normal or am i missing something?
Thanks!
I recently bought a Asus VG236H 120Hz LCD screen and am content with it but confused at the same time.
With my 60hz LCD i like to turn on vsync to have a constant 60fps without tearing.
Now with the 120hz screen if i turn on vsync the fps cap is still 60.
I thought logically it would be 120 because of the 120 hz, otherwise what's the use, right?
I have Win7 and a hd 6950 and in catalyst control center the screen is listed correctly but with a max refresh rate of 75hz whereas windows lists a max refresh of 60hz which i find weird too.
Is all this normal or am i missing something?
Thanks!