120hz Lag Testing... Test

Well, I've ordered a Dell 2209WA. I'll be running that at 76 Hz and should tide me over for my low lag gaming until a better monitor comes along. Should at least be an improvement over my LNT5271f I've been using (except contrast and colors... I'll miss the 2000:1 static contrast ratio for games) So I'm no longer vested in these results. I'm hoping this Dell will hold me over until I can grab an OLED ~24" ~120Hz monitor with 0-2ms input lag for ~$1000.

I'll still do the analysis if I have the time if these results get posted.

In the Acer 120Hz megathread, an interesting post was pointed out:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=158899&st=60&p=1014194&#entry1014194

DarkZorro on forums.nvidia.com said:
I couldn't get the night shots of the backlight bleeding, but I DID get shots of the input lag vs CRT @ 1920x1080p/60Hz. The answer: 32ms of lag (see attached grabs). I wouldn't have bothered with the test, but I noticed a significant drop in my Human Benchmark scores, and decided it needed further research. I couldn't get my CRT monitor to run @ 120Hz, but my HB scores were the same on the Acer in both 60Hz and 120Hz so I have no reason to believe that refresh rate will have any improvement on lag.

***Edit***

For your reference, I was running the CRT in clone mode, attached to the secondary output of the video card.

And he also posted two pictures that I couldn't view.

Back