• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

120hz Glossy monitors do no exist?

sp3000

n00b
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
14
Been looking all around for a 27" but they seem to be out of production in every instance.
 
there are glossy korean ones that do up to 120 Hz, and you can remove the AG coating on the VG278HE. i don't know if you can with the BenQ.
 
If you want a true "Glossy" Korean panel, they don't technically exist anymore, however production may be still making the panels, but shipping them as tempered glass models with glass.

I will say personally the tempered glass model, horrible... I'm waiting for my X-Star now.
 
If you want a true "Glossy" Korean panel, they don't technically exist anymore, however production may be still making the panels, but shipping them as tempered glass models with glass.

I will say personally the tempered glass model, horrible... I'm waiting for my X-Star now.

? tempered glass looks identical to glossy, even if the panel underneath isn't.
 
Samsung used to sell the S27A750D and S27A950D that were glossy if I remember correctly. I think they discontinued them so it might be hard to find any. Still, they were decent for 120 hz glossy tn.
 
Samsung used to sell the S27A750D and S27A950D that were glossy if I remember correctly. I think they discontinued them so it might be hard to find any. Still, they were decent for 120 hz glossy tn.

Decent? I am still using my S27A950D. It has been truly the greatest display I have ever owned. I will never forget when they first came on the market and I quickly grabbed one up. When I first hooked it up to my PC and started gaming with it... OMG... I was just in awe!!! It was truly an amazing experience!!! This is one of the greatest high quality TN displays I have ever seen.

This gives me hope for the up and coming Asus ROG 27" LCD with G-Sync as they have stated that it is a high quality TN panel. Well, in my experience, high quality TN panels do exist.
 
I have an S23A750D as my third monitor. It has decent colors for a TN, mostly thanks to its glossy panel. I don't like the reflections, and it has some lightbleed and the blues are not that accurate. Overall good for TN, but has its issues.
 
Asus VG236H has glossy screen only 23' though IMO 27 @ 1080 dont look good if you want something that big id check out those Korean IPS 1440p that can OC they also tempered glass.

That said i hope Asus make 24 glossy with Gsync i don't like matte displays colors just don't pop like they do with gloss and give off CRT look that I want
 
Last edited:
I'm running a Qnix QX2710 I think it looks great with the tempered glass. You could always remove the glass and matte finish underneath if you're looking for a true Korean glossy.
 
Samsung used to sell the S27A750D and S27A950D that were glossy if I remember correctly. I think they discontinued them so it might be hard to find any. Still, they were decent for 120 hz glossy tn.




What he said. Still using my S27A750D here, the image is fantastic. I have been getting the bug to step up to a 1440P monitor though.
 
I use an S23750D for daily work and its amazing, still my favorite 120hz monitor. That said, I never did do the AG file removal on my Asus which would address the lack of gloss issue. If you are DIY'er, give that a shot because there are no off the shelf glossy monitors worth a damn for gaming at the moment.
 
I'm going to kick myself for this, because I am tempted to buy it, but NCX is selling a glossy (non-tempered) QX2710 here. It goes up to 96 Hz though, not 120 if you can live with that:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1801195

He also fixed the BLB on it, and there is only one dead pixel in an off-center location.
 
Back
Top