• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

120hz Eyefinity Problem

Zabuzaxsta

n00b
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
31
So after all this drama, I got some Eyefinity-approved Accell adapters for converting mini DP into dual-link DVI. I've plugged everything in and it's working fine, except for the fact that I can't do 120hz for some reason. Whenever I set it up in the CCC, the screens go black, the third monitor pops on, a few seconds later the middle monitor pops on, and the first monitor stays black (from right to left, basically). This happens at any Hz above 75 - 100, 110, & 120. At 75, the resolution goes waaay down and it gets stretched everywhere.

The monitors are rated for 120hz (Dell AW2310) and I'm using dual-link DVI cable on all of the monitors (one is hooked up directly to the dual-link port on my graphics card, the other two are hooked up via Accell's mini DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter). I only have one graphics card, but it's a HD 7970 overclocked to 1.26 GHz core and 6.2 GHz memory (it's very stable). :/

Maybe I need to put the graphics card back down to normal settings, or has someone heard of this problem?
 
I'm not trying to do a 3-D display, just 120hz 2D...I took that to mean it would not display a 120Hz 3-D setup, not 120Hz outright.

On that thread you linked, someone brought up that they have gotten this adapter to work on 120Hz 2D displays. I wish that thread really explained things more. Additionally, the Apple converters have a well-documented host of problems going on with them; I'd really like to avoid them if I can.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top