kiwi.fruit
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Mar 11, 2006
- Messages
- 95
Hello 
Can you please 120Hz display owners confirm that you can run non native monitor resolutions at 120Hz? Please state your model number and resolution, for example, 1600x900 @ 120Hz or 1366x768 @ 120Hz
The reason I ask is because I used to have one of the first 120hz displays viewsonic VX2268WM a few years ago and I could not run 120Hz at any other resolution except the native (1680x1050). I am considering now 23-24" 120Hz display but I need to be able to run custom resolutions @ 120Hz.
Nvidia owners can easily make custom modes in drivers (GTF timings, for instance). ATi owners can use powerstrip or custom monitor drivers. But in both cases you must look into monitor's OSD and confirm that it is actually running at your set resolution/refresh rate because sometimes Windows settings differ from the real settings that monitor is displaying when running custom modes.
Can you please 120Hz display owners confirm that you can run non native monitor resolutions at 120Hz? Please state your model number and resolution, for example, 1600x900 @ 120Hz or 1366x768 @ 120Hz
The reason I ask is because I used to have one of the first 120hz displays viewsonic VX2268WM a few years ago and I could not run 120Hz at any other resolution except the native (1680x1050). I am considering now 23-24" 120Hz display but I need to be able to run custom resolutions @ 120Hz.
Nvidia owners can easily make custom modes in drivers (GTF timings, for instance). ATi owners can use powerstrip or custom monitor drivers. But in both cases you must look into monitor's OSD and confirm that it is actually running at your set resolution/refresh rate because sometimes Windows settings differ from the real settings that monitor is displaying when running custom modes.