120GB SSD question

noobtech

2[H]4U
My 120gb ssd only shows it has 23gb left. I don't know why? I did have steam games and final fantasy 14 installed, but since I deleted them... it never opened up space. I've never had this problem with a hdd before. Is there something I am missing? I already check the entire drive and can't find anything other than the Windows 7.

have you checked for System Restore Points?... that tend to consume insane amounts of space in disk...

In addition, you could have 16GB taken up by a pagefile and another 16GB taken by a hibernation file, check the root of your boot drive to see if they are there.

Dumb question... have you emptied your recycle bin? Uninstalling programs won't put stuff there, but in my experience, deleted files take up more space there than before deleting, until the recycle bin is emptied.

Also, I've had great success with CCleaner getting rid of junk I don't use. You could check that out too.

You guys are all awesome! I did do all of the above too.

1. My basket was empty =)
2. Checked system restore
2. Windows cleanup gave me a few gig back.
3. 16 gig was gained by disabling the hibernation file.. I have yet to move the pagefile to my 2nd hdd.

I went from 23 to 38... and once I move that pagefile i'll be good to go :)

Back