120gb External HD from OfficeMax $39 starting tomorrow

most places OOS

Was a clearance item before they advertised it.

-Rad777

I think I'm about to run down to the store now to purchase some with either a price match now or come in the next day with a price match. Check office max website as they have the ad online already, my store is still open for 40 more minutes, I actually have two in town

Both stores in Modesto are out of stock. Does any other store carry these, maybe a pricematch from the ad?

if you read the ad closely you see it says it connects to usb2 and LAN (NAS? granted on a very small scale)

I'll definately be at Officemax tomorrow :D

Oh, and evilmonkey, nice sig. I'm drinking vodka/sprite shots as I type this :p

i wanna get 2 of em for myself and later upgrade and stik in new HDDs into the enclosure.

Well, it's definitely in their ad. One question though. I read the post from the link AND looked at the circular and I still can't figure out whether this is MIR or instant savings. Anyone know?

EDIT: LOL... 10AM, most of the stores haven't opened and the three I've called are already out of stock on 'em and they told me that most are already out of stock. BTW, the offer is INSTANT SAVINGS, so we might be able to get a price match from a competing store such as Staples if they have them in stock. Definitely a good deal!

EDIT2: Holy crap... all 6 stores in my area (well, within an hour at most) are all out of stock. Oh well... :(

- James

I work at officemax in Nanuet, NY and this thing is on sale for 39.99 no MIR/INSTANT...out of stock!!

ruk said:
I work at officemax in Nanuet, NY and this thing is on sale for 39.99 no MIR/INSTANT...out of stock!!

I'm sorry, I use to work for omax in Orlando here... hated that job, although it did afford me some good oppurtunities to mess with dumb people and make horrible things with various computer items. lol

I'll have to go check the old stomping grounds for these, it is in the ghetto so maybe no one will know what that thing is and they'll have plenty left. :)

Does anyone know what HDD is inside of this thing? I'm leaning towards it probably being a Fujitsu or something along those lines...

~Kris

I called up around 10:30 this morning and all the stores in the orlando area but 2 were out, one of the two was supposed to have 10-15 in stock, I was the first one at the door, but by the time i found them (they were behind the front counter) I was the fifth person in line, and they only had 4 in stock. Those Bass tards!

Waco, TX store's gone. The guy at the door almost got trampled. Some Asian guy (no offense to others) cut in front of everybody, then went in the exit 'cause he couldn't wait for the OM employee to get out of the way. If I wasn't busy fighting for my own, I would have given him a closeup of the good side of my fist.

BTW the rumor that they're mislabled 120->160 actual doesn't seem to be true for the ones I picked up.

the stores in NJ are out of em. dam it, if anyone is willing to sell me theirs ill buy it.

Got the last 2 at mine this morning :D
Kinda an update, my first one has a.

"Samsung SP1604N" harddrive

All the stores in the Raleigh/Durham area are OOS. Only one with ~4 in stock is about 45 minutes away. 2 different stores had lines outside 1 hour before opening, mostly for the drives...

The Hammer Ln. store in Stockton was out. The mgr said someone bought all 10 he had in stock yesterday. Of course, that guy'll be coming back today to get his money back.

Bastards.

-bZj

so how is it that a retail shop can run a sale on something that is oos in most of their locations. seems like a bait to get people in, this is not the first time ive see OM do this

Down8 said:
The Hammer Ln. store in Stockton was out. The mgr said someone bought all 10 he had in stock yesterday. Of course, that guy'll be coming back today to get his money back.

Bastards.

-bZj

I was going to go there until I read the Slickdeals thread and saw someone mention that every store from San Fran to Sac, including Stockton, was sold out after calling around. If only there was a store in Lodi, no one would ever think to go to it.

in for 2... store is 400 miles away but they will ship to my local store with no shipping charge OH YEAH. used the visa 15 off 75 to make it $65 + tax for 2.

i went to the altamone springs fl one (orlando) about 10 minutes after it opened.. and the woman was all like.. if you found the flyer online, it is onyl for online.. i tried explaning to her that it was an IN store ad. and they weren't selling them online.. then some other guy came in a few minutes later asking for one.. they said they were all gone..

anyone have any ideas for a pricematch though? who sells them in orlando?

oh.. and who wants to start a class action bait and switch suit? anyone have a lawyer friend? haha..

oh.. the drive inside is 8mb cache 7200 rpm.. so i am jealous of all of you that did get them.. how i have to build a file server since this fell through...

laserdemon said:
so how is it that a retail shop can run a sale on something that is oos in most of their locations. seems like a bait to get people in, this is not the first time ive see OM do this
when the ads were generated there were quite a few more but they have been clearancing them for 2 or 3 months now. they were down to 119 with a 70 rebate before this. i was going to buy one then but decided (correctly) to wait.

mpeg4v3 said:
I was going to go there until I read the Slickdeals thread and saw someone mention that every store from San Fran to Sac, including Stockton, was sold out after calling around. If only there was a store in Lodi, no one would ever think to go to it.
True dat. And it'd be a shorter drive for me. :)

I always find stuff like this in Merced (when I lived there/visit). The AIW9600Xt I have now was on clearance in BestBuy, for $125. I almost bought both of them, but was too broke. It still goes for at least $150.

-bZj

Phoned 2 minutes after the store opened and was able to get the last one reserved for me. Picked it up, took it to my brothers and stuck a bunch of TV shows on it, very nice product for the price.

When I stopped in the day before the sale they were out at both stores already, but they did have some 80gig net disks on a clearance table. Did anyone else see those and did you try asking for the $100 off those instead?

hmm, i will have to head to officemax after work tonight, in this area electronics don't seem to sell to fast......

just spoke to a senior manager @ officeMax NJ Totowa, he told me that they are sold out in EVERY store possible. yesterday they opened @ 10, by 10.05 every unit that they had was gone. 40 people waited online at the store. ill try calling brooklyn and a few more, maybe they have one and are willing to ship to me.

i bet some employees bought like 5 at a time. haha and are now selling them on ebay.

I went to the one in Glendale, AZ and they had 3 of the 80gig versions for $139.99, I grabbed one and two other guys got the other 2, the manager said he would price match it for $39.99 so we all agreed and got them. Then when I was in line, one of the employees handed some other guy one that they had behind the counter, I asked if they had more and they played dumb, maybe they just wanted to give out one per customer. I wish it was the 120gig but I can settle paying the $39.99 for the 80. So if you see any of the 80's, ask them if they will price it for the $39.99. Also, has anyone tried replacing the drive with a larger size drive? I would like to upgrade mine to a 250gig if possible.

today i called ALL of the retailes listed on the product site of this HDD. micro center says they do PM but only through local stores. the close'est one to me is an hour drive. i then call J & R - internet one, when i asked the rep if they do PM with office max, he automatically asked me if its for the HDD thats 39 bucks? i said yeah, he said nope, u need to call a local J and R to get an answear to that question since that rule is enforced by the local manager. i then asked him how did he know about this sale price. he told me some guy called the ENTIRE call center trying to get one of the reps to say something different to em. haha. i called the J and R in Manhattan and i have to get there in person to show em the 39.99 price since he cant find the item on the OM site. i guess ill drop by the J and R this week and see whats going on. maybe ill get lucky :p

our office max said that ALL of the ads were missprints..... the numbers were switched :rolleyes:

eh... they were out of stock anyway..

Back