• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1200p and 1080p Eyefinity

Tahoe916

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
640
Anyone have a center LCD 1200p and sides 1080p? NOT at the same time, I understand how Eyefinity works, just wondering if anyone has a 1200p center screen running 1080p along with the side 1080ps and how it matches up?

I guess it depends on scaling, I wish 1200p 24" monitors weren't harder to find than that magical g spot. :(
 
Anyone have a center LCD 1200p and sides 1080p? NOT at the same time, I understand how Eyefinity works, just wondering if anyone has a 1200p center screen running 1080p along with the side 1080ps and how it matches up?

I guess it depends on scaling, I wish 1200p 24" monitors weren't harder to find than that magical g spot. :(

It should work but they will all run at 1080p.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read properly, sorry. Ignore. ^.^
 
If they are the same size, then there shouldn't be any problems. Your output resolution would end up being 5760x1080.

If you wanted to match, say, a 24" 1200p monitor then say 23" 1080p monitors on the side then I wouldn't suggest it.
 
Actually I ran a 23" 1080p next to a 24" 1200p the other day in Eyefinity and since the 1200p letterboxes down to 1080p it ended up the same image size as the 23" 1080p. I didn't investigate it but it sure looked like the same exact size. I'm sure there's some math you can do to find exactly what measurement a 24" 1200p letterboxes down to.

If you used it at stretch you'd probably need a 25" 1080p to match height with it which is more important than matching width.

I think you'd prefer the 1920x1200 res if you can stick with them though, the extra height helps since you get so much width in Eyefinity.
 
I recently picked up a pair of Samsung 2433bw monitors brand new on ebay for $200 each. They are 24" 1920x1200. They work out nice since I stagger my two side monitors in front of my center one. I'm sure there are better setups out there, but since I was buying on a budget I did the best I could. If I had 2k I'd buy that Samsung Eyefinity setup coming out, with 3 2560x1600 monitors with ultra thin bezels. Considering its 3 30in monitors, thats actually a damned good price.

edit: Samsung md230

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/08/samsung-and-ati-team-on-syncmaster-md230-mega-displays-for-wide/
 
the samsung md230 isnt a 30" 2560x1600 monitor... i dont care what all the early release sites say

the 230 in the name means its a 23" monitor... the resolution is going to be 1920x1080 / 3 monitors and a stand is what you get for a msrp of $1899

not 3 30" monitors and a stand... think about it... a single 30" is close to $1000

if samsung were selling 3 plus a stand for less than $2k that would be the deal of the century...
 
Thanks for the input guys, I think I will try and source some 24" 1200p monitors, I think it would bug the shit out of me if they didnt match up just right lol.
 
Back
Top