12 of the World’s Most Annoying Technologies

I mean really the camera flash is annoying? Why because lots of people don't know how to use it? Or you don't know when to properly use it?

I usually just laugh at the people who don't turn off their flash, since I know that are going to get poor quality / dark pictures.
Watching the Olympics it was obvious a large portion of the people in the stands don’t understand that the flash range is only around 10 feet.

That was one of the worst excuses for an "article" I've ever read on Wired. Not funny, poorly formatted, and badly written.

why it takes 1 normal wire to power the whole PC, but 24 mini wires to power the motherboard? then another 8 for the CPU and another 2 packs of wires for the video card etc etc
and all this from a big and heavy steel box that refuse to get any smaller or lighter!

Based on your post, I would guess that you are not an electrical engineer.

That 1 normal wire to power your PC actually contains 3 wires, Hot, Neutral and Ground, at a standard 120 or 240 volts depending on where you live.

The different wires that go to your motherboard supply multiple voltages (12v, 5v, 3.3v -5, -12).
Also, since the voltage is much lower than your main power, you need either thicker wires or more wires to carry the current the motherboard needs. Thicker wouldn’t work as it would be too hard to bend the cables and put too much stress on the motherboard connectors.

Back