12" IBook Volume

RedDawn

Limp Gawd
I just picked up my new ibook yesterday, everything is working great exept the volume is really quiet. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Any feed back would be appreciated.

p.s. I looked under system preferences and the volume is turned all the way up in there.

well they don't have the loudest speakers but if you have them cranked they should be putting out a good bit of noise...hhhuuummmm

Are they not that loud, or inaudible?

My 12" speakers are pretty quiet, but I can hear them fine.

Do you have similar volume issues if you plug in headphones or another set of speakers?

They are ok in a quiet room, but as soon as anything makes any noise it is almost impossible to hear. Headphones on the other hand work great. I dunno, it may just be really quiet. I'm used to a little more volume out of my laptop I guess.

I would guess they are just a bit quiet for you, and are working fine. With the TV on I can't hear mine very well.

I notice the speakers in my 14" iBook are very quiet too. Everything's turned up to the maximum allowable - and they're extremely quiet. Wish I could get a little more out of them...

Back