• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

12" Ibook Pro????

k1ng

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
228
Theyve made a 12" for all their other models.. so has a 12" pro been anounced? Or does anything know anything?

thanks
 
What in the world are you talking about? If you're talking about an Intel Core Duo based iBook... no, it doesn't currently exist. If you are talking about a 12" Mac Book Pro, it doesn't exist either.
 
w/e I meant the macbook.. you could have assumed that..


and I know it doesnt exist.. im asking if anyone knows of any info of if / when it may be out.
 
k1ng said:
w/e I meant the macbook.. you could have assumed that..


and I know it doesnt exist.. im asking if anyone knows of any info of if / when it may be out.
That's the thing - no one knows anything. We know it when it gets released.
 
Yea.... I dont mind the 15" but would MUCH rather a 12 for college.. and Im lovin macs lately.. so... PLEASE MAC.. BUILD ONE!!!!
 
get a good deal on a 12" powerbook g4..

I've had one for about a year and love it. Maxed out the ram (1.25) and it runs everything great.

apple may stop selling powerpc units by the end of the year, but they'll be supported for a long time to come. and with universal binaries, software will run both places.

it's all good.

now to watercool my powerbook.. it gets ass hot on my stomach sometimes.. like right now. heh.
 
i have always been a PC user and recently I have been looking into a laptop, where I can be mobile and do school work stuff on. Do you think it would a hard transition from going from a PC to Apple?


i do want to intel duo core macbook, but only in a 12 inch size
 
Its not that hard going to from a PC to a Mac, I personally use a KVM switch to go back and forth. The Mac has pretty much all of the PC applications like word, excel, dreamweaver and photoshop. Sometimes I miss the file extensions though.
 
benamaster said:
Its not that hard going to from a PC to a Mac, I personally use a KVM switch to go back and forth. The Mac has pretty much all of the PC applications like word, excel, dreamweaver and photoshop. Sometimes I miss the file extensions though.


Finder->Preferences, Advanced tab, show all file extensions
 
It's a fairly easy transition.. one thing that will throw you is the menu bar at the top. You can have an app minimized, but if it's still the foreground app, the menu will reflect that. Have to click on the desktop to go back to the main menu bar.

So in essence you can only view one app's menu bar at a time. unlike windows where the menu bar is part of the window and moves with it.

That's probably the #1 trippiest part for most.

If nothing else, learn unix and drop to a terminal prompt =)

I've been PC for about 15 years, Linux for 13, and Mac/OSX for 1 =) And I love my PowerBook. A year ago I would've said quite the opposite, but I got a free one as part of my responsibilities on the core team of a new high school I'm helping to open.

Now the old MacOS.. god no, that was hideous.
 
Mac' s and pcs dont come with photoshop. They just come with ilife... photoshop is made by adobe.. not macintosh
 
Truthandrights said:
Mac' s and pcs dont come with photoshop. They just come with ilife... photoshop is made by adobe.. not macintosh
The company's name is Apple. You'd think the fact that the forum name is "Apple Products" would make this really easy to figure out.
 
Truthandrights said:
Mac' s and pcs dont come with photoshop. They just come with ilife... photoshop is made by adobe.. not macintosh
not to mention no one said it does come with photoshop....
 
scavengerCO said:
Now the old MacOS.. god no, that was hideous.

God yes it was. For whatever reason, at UD most of the computer labs were X-terms running on Solaris, with a few windows PCs off to the side. The college of education and the schools of art and graphic design were all mac though, and I hated using those labs, MacOS 9.whatever was the suckiest thing ever, and the blue and white G3 Powermacs were complete POSs. It was telling that the average student would go to an X-term over those boxes...
 
Truthandrights said:
Mac' s and pcs dont come with photoshop. They just come with ilife... photoshop is made by adobe.. not macintosh
I lol'd.
 
MacOS 9.whatever was the suckiest thing ever, and the blue and white G3 Powermacs were complete POSs
Windows XP is complete shit on my old 733MHz Pentium 3. It bluescreens all the time and is slow. Does that mean Windows XP is, as such, shit? No, it doesn't. Mac OS 9 was never a very stable operating system, but in my experience, it was no worse than Windows 98 (and much better than ME). I'd take Mac OS pre-X over Windows pre-2k any day of the week.

And how do you figure the Yosemites were bad?
 
Black Morty Rackham said:
Windows XP is complete shit on my old 733MHz Pentium 3. It bluescreens all the time and is slow. Does that mean Windows XP is, as such, shit? No, it doesn't. Mac OS 9 was never a very stable operating system, but in my experience, it was no worse than Windows 98 (and much better than ME). I'd take Mac OS pre-X over Windows pre-2k any day of the week.

And how do you figure the Yosemites were bad?

XP was rock solid on my K6-2 450 so, I guess it's just a case of YMMV. All I know is that using the ed labs nearly made me cry every time I had to, the blue and white G3s would crash just running MS Word. Then again, it was a school computer lab, so things are bound to get messed up, but my experience with those boxes was just that they were very very flakey.
 
NulloModo said:
XP was rock solid on my K6-2 450 so, I guess it's just a case of YMMV. All I know is that using the ed labs nearly made me cry every time I had to, the blue and white G3s would crash just running MS Word. Then again, it was a school computer lab, so things are bound to get messed up, but my experience with those boxes was just that they were very very flakey.
My Yosemite was rock solid...
 
Back
Top