• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

1156 TRUE conncection?

carnag3

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
405
hey guys, I cant find any TRU brackets for the 1156 board I am getting, does nayone know if these are coming or whateveR? I know wthere is a new heatsink, but my TRUE does a fine job as is...?
 
Thermalright only lists one heatsink for the 1156 right now, thats the MUX-120. But, the retention kit looks the same as the 1366 (I'm sure its different spacing though). So, there should be no reason the TRUE wouldn't work.

Just find and order a 1156 retention kit and mount it up along with the TRUE.

2.JPG
 
*copied from another thread that I posted this info in*

Below is an email I got from Thermalright on 9/11. On 1156 launch, Thermalright's site didn't mention anything about a 1156 bracket so I emailed them. However, it later showed up on their site:
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_p...sories_page/product_accessories_btk.html#1156

I also found 2 sites that show the product but out of stock right now with notify available:
http://www.platinummicro.com/product.asp?pf_id=CC1156BTTHKT
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...hru-Kit_Ultra_Series_MUX-120_Coming_Soon.html


On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Support <Support@thermalright.com> wrote:

Hi,

A Bolt-Thru kit will be available from online resellers in about two weeks.

TR Support,

Bob

----- Original Message -----
From: [redacted]
To: support@thermalright.com
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:44 PM
Subject: Ultra-120 on socket 1156

Hello,

I have an Ultra-120 on my E6750 socket 775 right now. I just purchased a Core i7 860 socket 1156 and was hoping to re-use my Ultra-120. Will you be releasing a 1156 mounting bracket for the Ultra-120 or is the only option to purchase the MUX-120? I have read Noctua was sending out brackets when socket 1366 came out, I was hoping Thermalright might release a bracket.

Thank you,
Jonathan
 
There are supposed to be bolt kits for 775 ->1156 coming out. I think I saw one on Xigmatecs site but it's not listed on any site to be purchased yet.
 
Back
Top