• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1156 Price Drop Speculation Thread

Will the current 1156 prices of CPUs/MOBOs drop once SB hits?

  • Yes

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

    Votes: 16 66.7%

  • Total voters
    24

NobleX13

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
4,242
Well, as we all know, Sandy Bridge launches in a few weeks. Does anyone else here foresee a drop in prices on the 1156 stuff? Since I assume retailers are stuck with a significant portion of current-gen i3, i5, and i7 CPUs, maybe we'll get lucky and have a nice fire-sale on current stock.

I want to buy a new CPU/mobo in the next few months and would like some input to help sway my decision.
 
I got my AsRock P55 Extreme for $50, so I could care less. But obviously they will be offering better deals.
 
I got my AsRock P55 Extreme for $50, so I could care less. But obviously they will be offering better deals.

How do I get a deal like that? I would like to see a price drop but I do not see it happen. i5-760is no slouch and in spite of being EOD it is a great solution.
 
Motherboard prices will go down. Used cpu and motherboard prices will go down. I am not sure about retail CPU prices.
 
Retail price drops would depend on how Intel does the rollout I suppose, as well as if they market it as a direct replacement for the 1156 parts.
 
Back
Top