1156 Engineering Samples ~ they any good at clocking?

GenTarkin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
436
There are several i5, i7 engineering samples available on ebay at really low prices.
I am curious, if any of you had first hand experience w/ ES 1156 chips and know how close they are to their retail counterparts?
Are they broken in any way? Do they have the same performance? Do they overclock as well?

Ive seen several review sites using ES 1156 chips when they came out and they seem to maintain nearly as good OC's .. not sure bout performance tho.
Anyways, it would be a great help if you guys could chime in. Thanks
 
I just asked a question about them. Not selling them or buying them on the board. If talking about them is against the rules then Im sorry. Didnt realize.
 
sorry, wasn't trying to be an ass

I am not 100% clear on where the line is, I had a thread locked when I posted a link to chips for sale, generic mention of ebay may not be a problem.
 
To my knowledge they all sucked. Retail chips were overclocking better than ES chips given to reviewers.
 
ES chips are given to company to help test them before they are launched. They can been early designs or just the same as the released processos. There is just no way to know until you have the processor. There are generally a couple issues with ES processors that are headed by the fact that they have no warranty support and they don't belong to the person trying to sell them.

Here is some additional information on ES processors.
 
Back
Top