1100t oc'ing temps...

Rogue71

[H]ard|Gawd
i just upgraded a few parts and im testing out some oc numbers.
im not looking for bleeding edge numbers, just a nice balance between a small oc and acceptable temps. i just adjusted the multi to see what results i could get. tested using occt v4 for 1 hr. i know under normal gaming use you never reach these loads, but im wondering what setting would be acceptable for a 24/7 oc.

cpu@ 3.3 (stock)
cpu idle 31, max 44
cores idle 19, max 31

[email protected]
cpu idle 32, max 47
cores idle 19, max 37

[email protected]
cpu idle 32, max 52
cores idle 20, max 41

[email protected]
cpu idle 33, max 54
cores idle 21, max 41

[email protected]
cpu idle 33, max 54
cores idle 21, max 42

I have a 1090T overclocked to 4.0ghz using a h100 iwth scythe gt15s in push pull with fans on low and I'm getting roughly the same temps so your temps look pretty good.

What vcore are your running for 3.8ghz?

To answer your question anyone of your clocks/temps you listed above are good for 24/7 usage, I wouldnt be concerned with those temps.

How is your gaming/video performance with your cpu and 2x 6970s in eyefinity? I'm in the process of getting another 6970 to add to my rig and hoping my eyefinity 5760x1080 benefits from the second card. Also what power supply are you using?

I have a 1090T overclocked to 4.0ghz using a h100 iwth scythe gt15s in push pull with fans on low and I'm getting roughly the same temps so your temps look pretty good.

What vcore are your running for 3.8ghz?

To answer your question anyone of your clocks/temps you listed above are good for 24/7 usage, I wouldnt be concerned with those temps.

How is your gaming/video performance with your cpu and 2x 6970s in eyefinity? I'm in the process of getting another 6970 to add to my rig and hoping my eyefinity 5760x1080 benefits from the second card. Also what power supply are you using?

all my settings are auto. i just uppped the multi to see how far up i could go. my old 955 cpu oc'd like crap. i could only get 3.6 out of it no matter what i did. the 1100t on the ohter hand, i can get 3.8 stable by just adjusting the multiplier, although i do find its a bit hot. i ran another prime95 test for an hour and the cpu and core temps were 3-4 degrees hotter @ 3.8. i backed it down to 3.6 for now, even tho i know ill probly never ever reach the same stress levels by gaming having it set at 3.8. just seemed like a big jump in temp for 200mhz. the games ive tested are all fluid so im happy.

i absolutely love the 2x 6970 cards in every game that supports eyefinity. results depend on what other hardwre u have and what game your playing, but dirt 2, dirt 3,NFS Shift, BF3, Crysis2 all run very well, just to name a few that i still enjoy playing. also make sure u are using bezel compenstaion (6040x 1080). i find it makes a big difference. i find the games look twitchy if i dont use the bezel compensation as the picture jumps a bit.

power supply is same as listed in my sig. Corsair HX1000. i had an HX 850 a few years ago that blew out under warranty so they sent me this one as a replacement as the HX850 was in short supply at the time.

Last edited:
temps look good, go higher. you won't ever see the temps you see in prime 95 with any other program so theres no reason not to push it. recommended max is 70C but its a load of crap, the processors will do 80-85C before they even start throttling. personally anything under 70C at full load is perfectly fine.

btw use your cpu temp as your processor temp reference otherwise add 10C to your core temps and that will be your actual core temps.

temps look good, go higher. you won't ever see the temps you see in prime 95 with any other program so theres no reason not to push it. recommended max is 70C but its a load of crap, the processors will do 80-85C before they even start throttling. personally anything under 70C at full load is perfectly fine.

btw use your cpu temp as your processor temp reference otherwise add 10C to your core temps and that will be your actual core temps.

yea thanks i was thinking the same thing. i just didnt want to push it too far for normal usage. im guessing the benchmarks are more to test stability, so even at 3.8 i cant imagine any scenario where id ever come close to the prime95 temps.
btw im using cpuid hardwaremonitor to get my temp readings.

did another test using prime 95 for 1 hour....

[email protected]

cpu max 55, cores max 44
----------------------------------------------
[email protected]

cpu max 57, cores max 44

so...i would imagine that leaving the cpu @ 3.8 would be fine....

Last edited:
My 1100t @ 4.2 GHz runs at the same temps as yours does at 3.8 GHz. I use a H60 with two antec tricools at 1800 RPM push and pull config. 1.5V voltage.

1090T(E0) @ 4.0 GHz , 1.475 v running 100% loaded all six cores folding smp units 24/7 = 46C with Zalman CNPS10X cooling. ambient temp 23C. A few feet away is a Ph II 965(C3) @ 3.7 GHz, 1.45 v folding, etc = 58C. increasing vCore on this chip resulted in temps over 60C and intermittent throttling seen while monitoring with cpu-z and also random BSOD's. This CPU recently ran fine for over a year @ 3.8 GHz, 1.48v and 60C-62C temps but will not do it anymore. Thubans are generally better than Denebs but you might be better off keeping with slightly lower clocks/temps if long term stability is desired. That said you should be able to safely go 4.0 GHz on your 1100T but as always ymmv.

Back