11 vs. 7

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
How big of a difference is running your ram at 2,3,3,7 vs. 2,3,3,11? Is there really any noticeable performance I didn't see any. *shrug*

No, there really isnt any performance gain. At least not any noticable one.

If you can actually notice the difference, and prove it (i.e. not tricking yourself that it is actually faster etc...) more power to you, but its virtually impossible.

Originally posted by OPUS1
The only place I see a differance is in Sisoft.

which then in turn means there is a difference. if you running a 200fsb on a nforce2 then 11 is your number.

I actually have just started playing with this, and I found a got a slightly higher score when I lowered the timing to 7 from 11. Need to test it more times, though. The difference was marginal at best though, so I'm not worried one way or the other.

lol...this was proven a long time ago that 11 is the best on the nForce2.

Originally posted by DaveX
lol...this was proven a long time ago that 11 is the best on the nForce2.
even if ur not running 200fsb

11 is actually crappy for me.... I own an Abit NF7-S v2. I'm running my fsb at 210 and timmings 2-2-2-6 , and it runs better then running 2-2-2-11. Though , I think I'm probably the only one with these results looking at all the replies to this thread.

if i were you i'd run it 2-10-3-3, as those are correct timings.

Originally posted by Geno
if i were you i'd run it 2-10-3-3, as those are correct timings.
2-3-3-10? That's more lax than 2-2-2-11. Your timings are slower.

Originally posted by PliotronX
1-3-3-7 is the best ;)

1-1-1-2 is the best possible on my mobo, but if you got ram that can do it, i wanna see it

Originally posted by kllrnohj
1-1-1-2 is the best possible on my mobo, but if you got ram that can do it, i wanna see it
Damn, 2-1-1-2 is the tightest on my board, but my previous post was meant as a pun :) I might later photochop some CPU-Z and Sandra later to pull your leg further :D

Damn, 2-1-1-2 is the tightest on my board, but my previous post was meant as a pun :) I might later photochop some CPU-Z and Sandra later to pull your leg further :D

"photchop"? what is that? you gonna grab a knife and start hacking at it or something?

"photchop"? what is that? you gonna grab a knife and start hacking at it or something?
Close, it's slang for Photoshopping or "digitally enhancing" images :D

2,2,2,7 vs. 2,3,3,7 can you guys actually notices a difference with this too?

We all want our PC's to be as fast as possible. It is the SUM of the overclocking, tweaking etc. that just might add up to something noticeable and worthwhile. I think people use 11 because it works the best in 3dmark and through all the controversy, it is still a good gauge for peoples individual tweaks and closer to gaming experience than sandra.

As a hobbyist, I'd say get the most out of your ram you can. When you've maxed your cpu, VC, fsb, ram timings.... then see if you can tell although i never worry about that anyway, just that its faster. Maybe your system is robust and healthy and its hard to tell but new games and stuff come along.

TRCD seems to be pretty critical and also the hardest to obtain a 2 setting.... only BH5 and 6 really get this regularly. A lot of people look to CAS.

Close, it's slang for Photoshopping or "digitally enhancing" images :D

i knew that, i was giving him grief for spelling it wrong

photoChoping vs. photoShoping - see the diff?? he used the first one, and meant the second one (im assuming), therefore i felt it necessary to bust him for it....

jeez, some people around here just don't get sarcasm (i know, i can't spell):rolleyes:

photoChoping vs. photoShoping - see the diff?? he used the first one, and meant the second one (im assuming), therefore i felt it necessary to bust him for it....

jeez, some people around here just don't get sarcasm (i know, i can't spell):rolleyes:

man.. your on like a sundial in the shade..

Photoshopping: Using Photoshop, possibly for professional image editing, drawing a web comic, etc...

Photochopping: Using Photoshop to manipulate a real image into an unbelievable image.

See the difference ? :D

Originally posted by afong
Photoshopping: Using Photoshop, possibly for professional image editing, drawing a web comic, etc...

Photochopping: Using Photoshop to manipulate a real image into an unbelievable image.

See the difference ? :D

somehow, i can't help but thinking you just made photochoping up.......

maybe not tho..........

maybe not tho..........

Its not made up. Its been around for ages.

maybe not tho..........

welcome to now... :D

n x x 11 is only useful on an NForce2 based motherboard, and I'm pretty sure only for AMD boards at that. ;)

A friend had a board that would do 1 2 2 7 prett well. I don't know how he got his cheap shit RAM down to 1 2 2 7. :eek:

Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
n x x 11 is only useful on an NForce2 based motherboard, and I'm pretty sure only for AMD boards at that. ;)

A friend had a board that would do 1 2 2 7 prett well. I don't know how he got his cheap shit RAM down to 1 2 2 7. :eek:

i didnt think that was possible, but i know nothing.

Back