11.9 CAP 1 Released

Nice find, though I wonder if it's intended to install these on top of the 11.10 BF3 preview driver?

Edit: From twitter:
Catalyst 11.9 CAP1 is the newest there is and includes the BF3 profile as well.

I guess so.

Using the BF3 driver (think it's 11.10) with JUST the 10/4 released cap profile (posting from phone ATM so can't verify exact numbers) and texture flickers greatly diminished...played since my last post and there was very minimal flicker at all. Haven't really seen an fps boost but im also running trifire on a single monitor so they're not really stressing. The flicker was the only graphical issues I've had with the beta so I can't really comment on any other issues...if there are any.

Every ingame setting is maxed so its like x4 MSAA I think and ive also got all the sliders (except vsync) in CCC set to high quality without MLAA activated and AA Mode set to SSAO. I tried it with MLAA and it dropped my framerate down to like 40-50fps and I get microstutter at that level...which sucks..

yup. can't max it out with one of my 6870s in eyefinity. :(

Using the BF3 driver (think it's 11.10) with JUST the 10/4 released cap profile (posting from phone ATM so can't verify exact numbers) and texture flickers greatly diminished...played since my last post and there was very minimal flicker at all. Haven't really seen an fps boost but im also running trifire on a single monitor so they're not really stressing. The flicker was the only graphical issues I've had with the beta so I can't really comment on any other issues...if there are any.

Confirmed. The new 11.9 CAP with the 11.10 BETA decreases the tearing and such outside on metro in BF3. There still is some.. but probably better than 70% is gone. As for FPS.. same issues here with no noticeable difference. Single monitor being pushed by a pair of unlocked and overclocked 6950's/ultra settings. No other issues noted for me.

So guys which option is better?

11.9 and cap1 vs 11.10 and cap1 anyone tested this 2 options?

^^^ Not sure if it's 100% related or not but after installing the 11.10 with the 11.9 CAP1 I got my first BSOD in many months.. it was while playing BF3. Went back to the 11.9 WHQL and 11.9 CAP1 and no BSOD issues yet.. but the tearing in BF3 outdoors is back to horrible again. YMMV.

I guess I'm not alone with the BSOD.

I'm going to switch back to 11.9 and just use a single card.

Too bad the CAPs don't seem to have any effect on 4800 series CF scaling.

Last edited:
Back