11.88 enough?

fiction916

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
7
My 12v rail is usually around 11.8, is that two low for 3 HDDs?

3200 64
6800 gt
WD Raptor, WD Caviar 250, WD 120
1 CD-ROM
 
Anything from 11.4 to 12.6 volts is within the 5% margin of tolerance. Of course, I should hope that you measured that voltage with an accurate instrument like a voltmeter or multimeter. The motherboard gives you a pretty inaccurate depiction of the voltage regulation of your PSU.
 
xonik said:
Anything from 11.4 to 12.6 volts is within the 5% margin of tolerance. Of course, I should hope that you measured that voltage with an accurate instrument like a voltmeter or multimeter. The motherboard gives you a pretty inaccurate depiction of the voltage regulation of your PSU.

Don't PCP&C power supplies have 1%?
 
Not all models but the better pc power & cooling do have 1% tol which model pc p&c do you have. I have never seen my 510 drop below 12V even with everything running !
 
twajetmech said:
Not all models but the better pc power & cooling do have 1% tol which model pc p&c do you have. I have never seen my 510 drop below 12V even with everything running !

I really gotta get one of those.
 
11.88 / 12 is exactly 99%.

You're 1% out, which is excellent.
 
which is why i bought it. and to the thread starter, don't worry, you're really running much higher than 11.88. When will people learn software readings are INVARIABLY inaccurate?
 
Back
Top