Thanks. Downloading now. Say, is that OpenCL / APP stuff used for any games right now?

OpenCL has no effect on games as of now. There are a very few specific programs that use it, but they're not ones that most users will use. But there are some fun OpenCL demos out so having it allows you to play around.

Last edited:
Too bad they are glitchy and do nont work , lmao ATI dropped their name because AMD is a stronger name however ATI are not great anymore i installed 11.4 right.. and CCC doesnt exist anywhere on my windows xp 32-bit pc.

Id advise ppl not to download 11.4's thanks.

I installed 11.4 yesterday with no problems, but have not had a chance to test them out. I am running windows 7 64 bit.

I honestly think whoever creates these ATI/AMD drivers should visit this site i doubt they even browsed these forums. Their I.Q.'s are very very very very very very very low.

Im challenging them to come to these forums and make a thread Saying that they are wrong for releasing their Buggy ATI/AMD catalyst drivers early before their Official confirmed launch this would solve alot of problems.

Problems : 11.4 drivers and many other newer Catalyst Drivers are buggy ,
How : Here's how when you click on the setup.exe of the suite ATI install manager detects system installs everything. But IT NEVER SHOWS UP even when you fresh restart your pc after its all done installing.

I wonder if nvidia has the same type of problems i doubt it since they support their videocards unlike ATI/AMD lol.

Too bad they are glitchy and do nont work , lmao ATI dropped their name because AMD is a stronger name however ATI are not great anymore i installed 11.4 right.. and CCC doesnt exist anywhere on my windows xp 32-bit pc.

Id advise ppl not to download 11.4's thanks.

Upgrade to Windows 7. ;)

Upgrade to Windows 7. ;)

That could be the reasons why its just a false report how it says this :

14ta1wi.jpg

Time to explain i clicked windows xp 32-bit it brought me to that page where it shows the 11.4 suite ati drivers...

I download either one of them doesnt matter but when i click the setup.exe of it ...

ATI install manager Detects system... Then it installs the suite...
THE SUITE DOESNT SHOW UP NOWHERE ON MY SYSTEM, Well it does in the C: ATI folder BUT ITS NOT INSTALLED NO ATI CATALYST LOGO ON THE TASK BAR AT THE BOTTOM.

That's not very sound logic. Being in the system tray is no indication of whether it installed successfully or not. Your browser is installed but isn't in the system tray. How could that be? Sounds like a case of pebcak.

I honestly think whoever creates these ATI/AMD drivers should visit this site i doubt they even browsed these forums. Their I.Q.'s are very very very very very very very low.

Never in history has a more ironic statement been said.

Downloading now!

@ Alchemyzer

Keep a neater folder structure so you know where things are going. If there's an entry in c:/ati, try running the setup.exe and uninstalling.

If that didn't work and it was my system I'd just try nuking the ATi folder and sweeping the remaining registry entries. Then, I'd format with Windows 7. ;)

C:\AMD and C:\ATI are just the folders where the temporary installation files are kept. Deleting it does nothing (conversely, keeping it does nothing so, why have it?). The likely scenario is that Alchemyzer just doesn't know where to find the CCC.

C:\AMD and C:\ATI are just the folders where the temporary installation files are kept. Deleting it does nothing (conversely, keeping it does nothing so, why have it?). The likely scenario is that Alchemyzer just doesn't know where to find the CCC.

I customize my installs so everything is installed in their respective directory. I have no c:/ati, it's c:/AMD

So, for the people who are still using the 11.4 preview drivers, is there any point in grabbing these official ones?

I customize my installs so everything is installed in their respective directory. I have no c:/ati, it's c:/AMD

While you might have it that way, the defaults paths for the setup's temporary installation files are set to C:\ATI for the CCC and C:\AMD for the CAPs. No need to add to the confusion some users seem to have. :p

While you might have it that way, the defaults paths for the setup's temporary installation files are set to C:\ATI for the CCC and C:\AMD for the CAPs. No need to add to the confusion some users seem to have. :p

Touche. :) Driver Cleaner would be my next step.

So, for the people who are still using the 11.4 preview drivers, is there any point in grabbing these official ones?

This is what I'm wondering. I've been on the beta 11.4 for like a month it seems. And they really are nice drivers.

Oh, and to the people Raging about how they can't install drivers right, get help before you blame a huge corporation that's been doing this stuff before the day you touched a computer... People are so quick to blame anyone else but themselves....

I installed the 64 bit version last night. I've been playing Doom 3 again for the past week or so and I seem to be noticing a periodic blinking of sorts with the new drivers. Kind of like a split second cut out. I'll try again tonight after a reboot to see if it continues.

The package is obviously not there, the size of the catalyst suite is smaller than the package WITHOUT the catalyst suite. Something is wrong there right on the download page.

Catalyst Software Suite 48.8 MB 11.4 4/27/2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catalyst Software Suite with APP removed 49.1 MB 11.4 4/27/2011

Just downloaded the 11.4 drivers and tried installing. Screen did the normal flashing a few times then Blue Screen.... and a mem dump. Tried clearing everything and reinstalled same same. Went back and installed 11.3 (my previous install) and all is fine now :mad:

Downloaded the file with APP removed (strangely listed as the same file size as the one where it is included) Install blue screened again, but after reboot CCC says I'm running 11.4 and it seems to be working so far.

Last edited:

Im challenging them to come to these forums and make a thread Saying that they are wrong for releasing their Buggy ATI/AMD catalyst drivers early before their Official confirmed launch this would solve alot of problems.

Problems : 11.4 drivers and many other newer Catalyst Drivers are buggy ,
How : Here's how when you click on the setup.exe of the suite ATI install manager detects system installs everything. But IT NEVER SHOWS UP even when you fresh restart your pc after its all done installing.

I wonder if nvidia has the same type of problems i doubt it since they support their videocards unlike ATI/AMD lol.

You should do it better then.

Sticking with 11.4 Preview.. They're solid and from my reading of 11.4 official, they seem sketchy so far. I have a feeling I'll be riding out 11.4 preview at least 3 more point releases.

Would anyone know what kind of performance increases 11.4 gives to the older cards like my 5870?

Thanks.

Would anyone know what kind of performance increases 11.4 gives to the older cards like my 5870?

Thanks.

In most games, probably none. They've gotten as much out of Cypress as they can by now. The exception will be with new games that have just been released, where they work the little kinks here and there.

Is it just me or did it eliminate the whole weird thing with full screen problem with YouTube where it stops, goes back a second then starts up again?

Is it just me or did it eliminate the whole weird thing with full screen problem with YouTube where it stops, goes back a second then starts up again?

I'm still having that issue with 11.4 - didn't even know it was driver related!

Out of curiosity, has anyone with a CFX setup tried TDU2 yet with the new 11.4's? Supposedly they fix the borked CFX that Atari blessed us with. I'm curious whether there will be any increases in frame rates, although I don't think TDU2 comes with multiple GPU support at all. I'd install it myself, but I follow the golden rule of never installing new drivers if there is nothing to gain from them.

Eh, these drivers fucked me up actually. I didn't do a driver sweep like I normally do, and that was the first thing. Then I tried creating an eyefinity group, but it was already made, but in a different orientation that I needed it. So I tried creating a new group and it just sat there and looked at me dumb. Tried un-grouping the monitors and regrouping same thing happens. So I uninstall 11.4 and run driver-sweeper in normal and safe mode. Installed 11.4 again, reboot, same shit happens. Ugh. So now I'm running on 10.6 going to install 11.3 and just wait for the next iteration.

11.4 preview uninstaller flashed my screen on and off while uninstalling until I just reset the system. Ran driver sweeper and installed 1.4 official and now borderlands crashes every few minutes.

11.4 installation of driver resulted in blue-screen :/ Finally go it to stabilize, though no clue how.

11.4 loses display screen config when brought out of sleep half the time.....nice drivers amd. lol not exactly solidifying my future amd video card purchases.

I've got a problem where the overscan settings won't stick where I set them every time the machine turns the monitors off/reboots/hibernates/etc. Was fine in 11.2, but can't get it to stick in any previous driver version back to 10.4.

I can't even find the overscan otions.

The interface design team for the Catalyst drivers are incompetent people who really don't deserve jobs.

Back