10GHZ CPU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine a chip with 10GHZ clock, you know the temps of it? i saw in an article that its nearly the temps of the Sun.

You're talking about Motorola's chip from a few years ago, which IIRC was based on Germanium rather than Silicon. It drew several kilowatts, IIRC- enough to power a block of houses, or more.

Ok, the point of this is?

The fastest CPU I seen, was a 7GHZ Intel on some extreme liquid nitrogen cooling.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
good job. these dualy 2xx opties benefit from undervolting tremendously

The HE models run at 1.15 volts, so if I ran a regular one at 1.1 volts like I do now, do my wattages fall below 55W? The reason why I ask is because temps have dropped tremendously from when I undervolted to 1.1v. I'm talking about like a good 15C.

chemist_slime said:
The HE models run at 1.15 volts, so if I ran a regular one at 1.1 volts like I do now, do my wattages fall below 55W? The reason why I ask is because temps have dropped tremendously from when I undervolted to 1.1v. I'm talking about like a good 15C.

yup, the lower the voltage, the lower the TDP

chemist_slime said:
So is mine actually an HE binned as a regular 270?

*shrugg* all thes proc has head room over and under. you can't say a A64 4000+ that OC to FX57 level is a FX57 binned lower. my 265 can do below HE voltage at stock mhz too

*shrugg* all thes proc has head room over and under. you can't say a A64 4000+ that OC to FX57 level is a FX57 binned lower. my 265 can do below HE voltage at stock mhz too

What the heck? Why doesn't AMD just spec it at HE voltages then. I mean, all of them at HE voltages then. That'd kick Intel's hind.

chemist_slime said:
What the heck? Why doesn't AMD just spec it at HE voltages then. I mean, all of them at HE voltages then. That'd kick Intel's hind.

um...okay....this may only make sense to someone who adds the speeds of redundant cores to say they have a 8.66Ghz system though :rolleyes:

It will happen one day (i mean stock retail CPUs), and i suspect not to far off, definitelly in my lifetime. A stock 10GHz CPU. Only time will tell. Just think, 10 years ago, it was amazing to have a 133MHz CPU, and now the highest clock we have today (stock) is an intel 3.8GHz. New Architectures may prove otherwise, but we will eventually start to go for the "GHz Race" again. It is bound to happen. Guess we will jsut have to wait and see :)

nobody_here said:
um...okay....this may only make sense to someone who adds the speeds of redundant cores to say they have a 8.66Ghz system though :rolleyes:

8.66 Ghz on processing power. I'm folding all 4 cores buddy. What do you have doing 5.4? hehe

chemist_slime said:
8.66 Ghz on processing power. I'm folding all 4 cores buddy. What do you have doing 5.4? hehe

throughput of data is not the same as clockspeed

you need to do some more homework

you sound like the guy selling the PC on Ebay that was listed as a 3.6Ghz Gaming Monster!!!

when all it was was a single Opteron 165 Dual Core CPU running 1.8Ghz

in single threaded apps (99% of what 99% of normal people use 99% of the time), it's a 1.8Ghz providing 1.8Ghz "effective speed"

when running SMP apps, it's a 1.8Ghz CPU that in the best of scenarios might pull off a 3.6Ghz "effective" thoughput, but it is still only running 1.8Ghz

same with DDR memory, DDR400 memory only runs 200Mhz, it gets twice as much done per clock cycle as SDR memory, but in reality the actual clockspeed is only still 200Mhz

same difference

there's a difference between actual clockspeed and "effective" clockspeed, that's what you need to learn

Superman AND batman!

AND alien and predator all teamed up together!, toss in freddyand jason too for good measure.

i guess no one heed my warning of trying to convince chemist otherwise :D

it brought back memories of the ebay seller, i couldn't resist, but you know what?

i actually convinced the seller to start marking his systems as 1.8Ghz with "up to 3.6Ghz effective speed in some situations"

notch one in my belt for the sake of responsible computer marketing :)

so i can't give up hope that this guy will see the truth someday :D

noobtech said:
Do you think a 10GHz processor can take on more than superman?

maybe superman, but defnitley not chuck norris.

Check my body said:
imagine a chip with 10GHZ clock, you know the temps of it? i saw in an article that its nearly the temps of the Sun.

If you happen to find that article, feel free to start a new thread with some actual substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back