1090T Low PPD

Mr34727

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey, just setup the SMP client on my x6 but am getting really low ppd. fahmon reports around 300 (three hundred) ppd, which seems about right after watching a couple deposits. The current project is 6329, and takes about 5 minutes between steps.

The cpu is at 4ghz (250x16), and has been stress tested. It runs under my true copper, with 2x120mm scythes. CPU usage in the process manager shows only 40% utilization, which at my best guess is about 7% for the gpu client, and 33% for the smp, showing that the project only uses 2 cores?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

did you do every step in zero's guide on setting up the SMP client? i have a feeling you forgot the -smp flag on the shortcut and its running the standard client WU's.. unless you grabbed the old SMP client 6.25 i think instead of 6.29.

Yeah I actually just figured that out and put the -smp on the back of it. I had just double clicked the fah6 icon. After setting up the shortcut, I dumped the work folder and started over. Now I have a3, 6052, but it is going dog slowly (about 27 minutes per increment)

Thanks for the help, im going to keep fiddling with it

Yeah I actually just figured that out and put the -smp on the back of it. I had just double clicked the fah6 icon. After setting up the shortcut, I dumped the work folder and started over. Now I have a3, 6052, but it is going dog slowly (about 27 minutes per increment)

Thanks for the help, im going to keep fiddling with it

whats your cpu usage at right now?

Its at 100% right now-

But as you can see, it took 4 mins to go from 4546 to 5000 (I had stopped it to remove verbosity flag)

Im off to bed...lets see how it does overnight. A 4ghz hex should be cranking through these, i dont understand...

oh your folding with the 57XX? its going to kill your smp client.. honestly with the ATI card its not worth folding with.. you may want to look into the boinc stuff for that card.. something like milkyway@home or collatz. which we have a team on both of those.. the ATI cards smoke through WU's with those 2 projects.. you should be netting about 12-14k PPD with the 1090T at your overclock.. im not sure if fahmon shows the bonus points for the A3 WU's either.. ya might want to change that with HFM.net..

another thing i noticed is your cpu voltage is pretty damn high for 4ghz.. most people hit 4ghz in the 1.4-1.5v range tops and usually 4.1-4.2ghz @ 1.55v..

Im off to bed...lets see how it does overnight. A 4ghz hex should be cranking through these, i dont understand...

Welcome to the Hex club:cool:...Did you create a passkey like instructed in the SMP guide? If not, you won't get bonus points..

If you did set it up, you have to turn in 10 WU's under your passkey before you will see the bonus...Don't stress, it got me the first time as well even though I knew I had to wait..

What Vcore are you using for your o/c? I saw Monkey mention it but unless I'm blind I missed it..I am @ 1.5V @ 4.1Ghz...

Even without a passkey shouldn't I make more than 400ppd? My voltage is high, but my temps don't goabove 55ish under full load (1.56v). I dropped the ati client, but honestly don't see how that would diminish my ppd THIS much. It will have been running like that for a few hours so when I get home well see where its at. Ill set up the passkey tonight as well.

Hey what tags are you guys using? I just have the dmp and advworkunits one (whatever its called for new projects)

If you aren't seeing 12-14k ppd after letting it run a while without the GPU client, post your log file (using Code tags) for us to look at. Actually, you won't see that kind of output without your pass key and ten completed units. The bonus make up a huge portion of your ppd.

Also, consider switching to HFM.NET. It is the most widely used monitoring program around here and pretty accurate.
http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/downloads/list

-Smp is all you need. - verbosity 9 gives more info that you can see in the client. dont forget the -

fahmon reports
Fahmon doesn't calculate bonus points which are a big part of the production from A3 workunits. I suggest you use HFM.NET to monitor your clients instead. Keep in mind that you need to complete 10 A3 units before you are eligible for the bonus.

Imo, vcore is too high for air cooling. 1.47vcore is max. for air cooled X6

Try to disable turbo mode in bios

Ok, ill setup the passke and run ten runs, monitoring with the other ppd monitor. My board reports stock vcore as 1.475, so I'm not sure how 1.47 could be themax you'd recommend

alright im seeing 11k under hfm

I guess ill get the jump into normal range after 10 projects done

Thanks guys!

Ok, ill setup the passke and run ten runs, monitoring with the other ppd monitor. My board reports stock vcore as 1.475, so I'm not sure how 1.47 could be themax you'd recommend

thats because most bios are set incorrectly.. the stock voltage for a 1090T is 1.25-1.3v when under turbo mode it will raise the voltage to 1.45-1.47v the problem is most bios are set to run at the turbo voltage the entire time..

Last edited:
thats because most bios are set incorrectly.. the stop voltage for a 1090T is 1.25-1.3v when under turbo mode it will raise the voltage to 1.45-1.47v the problem is most bios are set to run at the turbo voltage the entire time..

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^..I was running @ 54-56C while under air, and honestly it worried me a little much..AMD says under 62C is ok, but that doesn't leave much wiggle room..

As I am typing this, I am currently sitting at 38C load...God Bless the Exos..best $35 I could have ever spent:D

Back