108Mbps wireless router/cards running at 54Mbps

slowbiz

2[H]4U
So here's the biz.

Yesturday I bought an Airlink101 AR410W 108Mbps Super G Wireless router and the corresponding Airlink101 AWLC4030 108Mbps Super G Wireless PCI adapter. They work great with strong signal, but the speed seems to be capped at 54Mbps. The installation guides and all that don't explain how to run them at 108Mbps. Anyone know why this is happening?

why do I get the feeling that this noob question of mine is being ignored on purpose? am I missing something here?

Maybe there's something with the drivers? I don't have any experience at all with using the 108 speed wireless stuff, but maybe the drivers are limiting the bandwidth.

More than likely theres a setting on the router to turn the faster speed on or off.look for something like turbo mode, or hi-speed or something like that

If there are any other people with a wireless network on channel 6 than your router will only be able to run at 54mbps. Super G uses channel 6 and the surrounding channels to give you your Super signal, if someone is using that channel than you are defaulted to non-super G.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
If there are any other people with a wireless network on channel 6 than your router will only be able to run at 54mbps. Super G uses channel 6 and the surrounding channels to give you your Super signal, if someone is using that channel than you are defaulted to non-super G.

Just to clarify,
802.11g has a max data rate of 54Mbps, thus SuperG uses another channel for the combined 108Mbps. Seeing as how it runs on the 2.4Ghz frequency band, other devices and networks running on this band (like some 2.4Ghz phones) could interfere.

yoda-rtfm.jpg

ownage

It took me about 30 seconds to RTFM because it is 3 pages. What can I say? They left a bit out I guess. I'll have a look when I get home.

Back