1080TI's coming down yet?

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
I have seen a few 1070s and 1080s go to *almost msrp. However no sub $800 1080TIs just yet. Meanwhile, shopping at a mall in Northern California.

b11b935f-5a98-4e56-bdb4-235e902b4650_zpsbpitesny.jpg

I am waiting for mainstream places like amazon and newegg have those prices for new stock. Its a shame no more microcenters in the bay area anymore.

Looks like they are starting to be priced at MSRP. Here's a sale 10 hrs ago.

I'm waiting to see if I can get an EVGA right in the window of the 90 step up so I don't lose any cash on boosted pricing.
I would think EVGA would want prices back down to MSRP before the launch of the new stuff.

I don't even know how it would work if someone wanted to steup a $1000 1080Ti to a $699 1180.

Crypto had a rally these last 2 weeks so the prices may not remain low. However, almost everyone has predicted that april/may would see prices coming back to reality, and the patterns don't lie.

EVGA has them in stock I would be tempted to get a AIO from them but I won't gain anything except for a DVI port and a white shroud.

The lowest I saw was for an EVGA 11G-P4-6796-K3 for $820 so I jumped on it yesterday from EVGA direct. Looks like they went back up, though, to around $940 as of this morning. Just have to pull the string when you see a deal (or at least what you are willing to stomach).

I'm waiting to see if I can get an EVGA right in the window of the 90 step up so I don't lose any cash on boosted pricing.
I would think EVGA would want prices back down to MSRP before the launch of the new stuff.

I don't even know how it would work if someone wanted to steup a $1000 1080Ti to a $699 1180.

What happens when I Step-Up to a cheaper product?
You will only have to pay for the return shipping at the time of paying for your Step-Up. EVGA will not credit you the difference.

Besides, if you've a 1080ti, don't buy the 1180. (or whatever xxx04 GPU hits) It would be as bad an idea as the guys who "upgraded" there 980tis with 1080s instead of waiting for the 1080tis and a real performance increase.

What happens when I Step-Up to a cheaper product?
You will only have to pay for the return shipping at the time of paying for your Step-Up. EVGA will not credit you the difference.

Besides, if you've a 1080ti, don't buy the 1180. (or whatever xxx04 GPU hits) It would be as bad an idea as the guys who "upgraded" there 980tis with 1080s instead of waiting for the 1080tis and a real performance increase.

That's assuming it's not significantly better right? Do we already know it's not going to be much of a speed increase?

Given Nvidia dominance and preivous history expect the 1180 to be around 10% faster and more efficient the a 1080ti.

With that said and looking at nVidia release history, we're bound to see an 1180 Ti (or equivalent) released. IMO a 10% performance increase isn't enough to make the jump. I'd wait for the 1180 Ti if I were sitting on a 1080 Ti.

Does most project that prices will continue to drop or will there be an increase again?

I don't think they would drop that sharply in 90 days but I could be wrong. They could exclude 1180's from step up for the immediate launch so they don't have to deal with situations like you mentioned.

I don't think they would drop that sharply in 90 days but I could be wrong. They could exclude 1180's from step up for the immediate launch so they don't have to deal with situations like you mentioned.
Is it confirmed to be referred as 1180?

I have seen one in stock right now 1080ti under 750 after 20 MIR. However, with a supposedly close release of the 1180, I will just wait. I am in no rush to get something since I don't even have a high end gaming monitor.

Are the rumors worth rumoring about? with new gpu's coming out this year, Miners will get the full shipping container which leaves $500 1080ti's with variable lifespan for us to pick up?

The thing with the GTX 1080 Ti is that there is a good chance you will get close to a year out of it before nVidia releases the GTX 2080 Ti. The GTX 2080 will be a side-grade at best. Plus I would be shocked if nVidia didn't jack up the price on the Volta generation. Combined with low stock and price gouging, what we're seeing now on the GTX 1080 Ti cards could work out to be an equivalent or an even better deal.

The best plan of attack would be to get a GTX 1080 Ti card at a discount though. If and when they start getting cleared out. Maybe buy one with a credit card that gives you price protection.

The best plan of attack would be to get a GTX 1080 Ti card at a discount though. If and when they start getting cleared out.

What price do you think the 1080ti would be worth buying vs the 1180?

I grabbed 1080ti FTW3 here in the forums for 625. Honestly anything less than 650 is s decent buy for 1080ti, I think it will last you good couple of years until you find something double the performance of it. I would be surprised if nvidia pulls of what they did with pascal given that there is no competition. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if we get more of power savings this time around than performance similar to pascal.

I just purchased a 1080ti FTW3 from EVGA for $780 which I believe is MSRP. While I wish I could have paid what NKD paid I'm ok with at paying MSRP after wanting this card for the past 6 months and but being unwilling to pay more for MSRP. It should honestly be less giving the product life cycle but what can you do in this current market.

I just purchased a 1080ti FTW3 from EVGA for $780 which I believe is MSRP. While I wish I could have paid what NKD paid I'm ok with at paying MSRP after wanting this card for the past 6 months and but being unwilling to pay more for MSRP. It should honestly be less giving the product life cycle but what can you do in this current market.

Wow... I'm sure that I paid less than that for my first car :eek:

getting Camel alerts for 1080ti's in the sub $750 range consistently now. I'd say prices are coming back down to earth.

hmmm, maybe I should pick up a few now for mining :cool:. naaaa, I will wait for next gen. For gaming they are outstanding and will be for some time. EVGA site has some good buys by the way with cards available.

I got an FTW3 1080ti here in the forum for 625. Don't regret it a bit!

I am waiting for mainstream places like amazon and newegg have those prices for new stock. Its a shame no more microcenters in the bay area anymore.

Yea man I hate it. It was far away from me but sometimes I was willing to make the drive to make a purchase. I am moving to michigan may be I will take the hour and half drive at times to go there in detroit.

Wow... I'm sure that I paid less than that for my first car :eek:

Haha, that's not even the most I have paid for a GPU! I don't regret the purchase at all but the card is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

So you think then that the GTX 2080 is going to cost more than $499? Even if nVidia charges $549 or even $599 it will still probably be worth it. It will probably perform just as fast as a GTX 1080 Ti on less power with more features like the new ray tracing feature.

I could be wrong. I do know that right now someone would have to pry my current GTX 1080 Ti cards away from me. I'm not selling them. At least not yet.

So you think then that the GTX 2080 is going to cost more than $499? Even if nVidia charges $549 or even $599 it will still probably be worth it. It will probably perform just as fast as a GTX 1080 Ti on less power with more features like the new ray tracing feature.

I could be wrong. I do know that right now someone would have to pry my current GTX 1080 Ti cards away from me. I'm not selling them. At least not yet.

1080 launched at $699 for founders edition. Nvidia had a bullshit retail price that wasn't available until few months out. After the founder edition exclusive tax cards were still >599. Nvidia really slapped every 1080 buyer in the face when they announced the 1080 ti at $699.99. You are right, my 1080ti will stay here until minimum when the next ti is announced unless amd has something special or equivalent then. 1180 ti or 2080ti or whatever the next ti is called will be the minimum replacement for me. Nvidia really did rip off the early 1080 adopters shit just wasn't even fair. Launched 1080ti founders edition at the same price as the 1080 founders edition lol.

1080 launched at $699 for founders edition. Nvidia had a bullshit retail price that wasn't available until few months out. After the founder edition exclusive tax cards were still >599. Nvidia really slapped every 1080 buyer in the face when they announced the 1080 ti at $699.99. You are right, my 1080ti will stay here until minimum when the next ti is announced unless amd has something special or equivalent then. 1180 ti or 2080ti or whatever the next ti is called will be the minimum replacement for me. Nvidia really did rip off the early 1080 adopters shit just wasn't even fair. Launched 1080ti founders edition at the same price as the 1080 founders edition lol.
If it makes you feel any better, I personally bought a GTX 1060, two GTX 1070s for SLI, then a GTX 1080 Ti followed by a second one for "God mode" SLI. The mining takes the sting out of it but still, I wish I had bought a GTX 1080 Ti right off the bat. I will say that Destiny 2 running beyond 6k resolution in DSR with SLI does look really nice though. It was all worth it in the end.

If it makes you feel any better, I personally bought a GTX 1060, two GTX 1070s for SLI, then a GTX 1080 Ti followed by a second one for "God mode" SLI. The mining takes the sting out of it but still, I wish I had bought a GTX 1080 Ti right off the bat. I will say that Destiny 2 running beyond 6k resolution in DSR with SLI does look really nice though. It was all worth it in the end.

Wow and I thought I upgrade too often!

I have a blown Asus Poseidon, really bums me out, but it has a 3 year warranty so I am going to invoke the Asus RMA in a few days.

They probably have none in stock and will ship me some bullshit card in it's place. Heres to hoping they have some in stock. As far as pricing goes I noticed that around Microcenter they around 8to 900 on average for a 1080ti.

This has been a long waiting period between releases. If 1180/2080 performs the same as 1080Ti, it will be a shame.

Back