1080p samsung 61" vs samsungLN-S4695D 46" 1080p

Matt Samoohi

Limp Gawd
What is better in your opinion my parents want a new tv but we dont know what to go with or room isnt that big but we will be sitting 12-30ft away Whats your pic

Matt Samoohi said:
What is better in your opinion my parents want a new tv but we dont know what to go with or room isnt that big but we will be sitting 12-30ft away Whats your pic

12 to 30 feet, definitely the 61 inch, otherwise there's no reason to go 1080p with a small 46 inch. 30 feet is a long way, did you measure the room?

rules of thumb

what ever your viewing distance...

divide by 1.5 to reach a screen that should not be too big (yes there is such a thing).

so you said 20 feeet

61" inch would be quite fine for your viewing. Of course you also need to take lighting condition into the equation.

figgie said:
rules of thumb

what ever your viewing distance...

divide by 1.5 to reach a screen that should not be too big (yes there is such a thing).

so you said 20 feeet

61" inch would be quite fine for your viewing. Of course you also need to take lighting condition into the equation.

You are absolutely right about a TV being too big. My friend has a 70" HDTV and is only 16 feet away - it looks totally retarded. My 51" at 13 feet is pretty much perfect for me.

Iconz said:
You are absolutely right about a TV being too big. My friend has a 70" HDTV and is only 16 feet away - it looks totally retarded. My 51" at 13 feet is pretty much perfect for me.

It's all preference... I've got a 61" dlp hanging on my wall, about 9 ft away. I thought it was going to be too much, but it's pretty much perfect.

I've got a 55" HD @ about 14' to 16' and it's a little small. Gonna pick up the SAMMY 61" DLP.

sirholio said:
It's all preference... I've got a 61" dlp hanging on my wall, about 9 ft away. I thought it was going to be too much, but it's pretty much perfect.
how teh fook do you hang a dlp?

Back