1080p, refresh rate, viewable angle

Wiregeek

Limp Gawd
Hullo folks!

I'm tired of my KDS 30". I don't know if I've got a bum panel or if its just a crap brand, but out of three of these horrid things, one has let the magic smoke out, and all three have about 1 degree of usable viewable angle, and that angle leaves you looking down at the panel from quite a bit above - like eyeballs at +2 foot from top of display at a 4 foot viewing distance.

I'm done with this thing. I want a new panel so I can throw this turd on Craigslist.

So I'm hunting. I don't want to spend more than $500, ideally I'd have a 1920x1080 native screen resolution (I clone to a 47" flatscreen or a projector when I'm doing public showing), a lot of viewable angle, and a fast enough response time that I'm not going to be smearing everything.

I'm not driving too hard - I've got a single GTX 250 and a core 2 duo at 3.2ghz. I play Borderlands, Starcraft, DVDs, flash games, and winamp visualizations.

I don't want to go smaller than 30 - there's several 24 and 27 inch panels listed and reviewed here, but I don't want to downgrade.

I hate to admit it, but the best thing I've found so far is an Insignia 120hz LED/LCD tv... :rolleyes:

please halp.

What your asking for in a monitor is not available. You will need a 32" LCD TV.

Back