1080p on 4k?

xXaNaXx

Gawd
anyone who has a 4k monitor: have you tried running it at 1080p? since 1080p is exactly 1/4 of 4k resolution, does the downscaling cause any blurriness, or is everything still as crisp as if it were on a native 1080p monitor?

since 1080p is exactly 1/4 of 4k resolution, does the downscaling cause any blurriness, or is everything still as crisp as if it were on a native 1080p monitor?

I also assumed that this would be a huge benefit for 4k. Unfortunately a depressingly large number of 4k monitors do not do proper pixel doubling at 1080P. Make sure you read up on any monitor that you plan to purchase. Do not assume that proper scaling is a given.

yeah, that's kinda what i figured.

i guess (at least for gaming), i'll continue doing what i have been doing....waiting for a 4k monitor to come out that has 120hz+ refresh rate. i want to get one for doing work from home as well, because i'm used to having 2x 1080p screens at work, and the 1600x900 resolution on my work laptop sucks ass.....but i'm thinking i may be better off for the time being with just getting a couple really cheap 1080p monitors, then selling them off when a true 120hz+ 4k monitor comes out, then use it both for work & gaming. assuming my current monitor doesn't go tits-up on me, anyway.

Back