• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1080p hdmi camera (live hdmi)?

cyclone3d

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
18,424
For our lab, I am looking for a camera/video camera that has hdmi out that I will be able to plug into a TV and view real time.

It doesn't even need to be able to record.

It will be used for displaying what is going on in a test room on a big 1080p screen outside the room for safety reasons.

Any recommendations?
 
Is the environment going to be hazardous to the camera? The GoPro Hero2 can output live via HDMI. Only potential downside there is the fisheye (170 degree FOV).
 
Not really a hazardous environment unless a heat/pressure tank blows up.
 
I know my Canon Vixia HF G10 can do it lol...I am sure some cheaper cameras can do it though.. :p
 
My Sony HV20 that I bought in May 2007 has HDMI out at 1080i. So you can go back 5, maybe 6 years to get what your looking for.
 
any camera that has an HDMI out port should be able to have live view.
I know my canon 5D can. and my go pro can too.
 
Back
Top