1080 ti problem

AORUS

Limp Gawd
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this I have never seen it before? do I need to return the card it's only six months old.
TT11.JPG

wow. show the picture to the place where u bought it? (if its brick and mortar). I thought they come with a warranty of some kind? i know if you buy from amazon they offer cheap cheap warranties thru amazon, but you would have had to have purchased it. well anyways man. i hope it turns out ok buddy

aliens!
your uv light is making whatever is under the "window" glow funny. plastic diffuser not glued right?! take your back plate off and look maybe...
edit: or is that a hybrid card? Pic is kinda bad...

Last edited:
Contact the mfr and see if they will send you a replacement panel.

wow. show the picture to the place where u bought it? (if its brick and mortar). I thought they come with a warranty of some kind? i know if you buy from amazon they offer cheap cheap warranties thru amazon, but you would have had to have purchased it. well anyways man. i hope it turns out ok buddy

thanks I got it from Amazon UK maybe I will send them this image

aliens!
your uv light is making whatever is under the "window" glow funny. plastic diffuser not glued right?! take your back plate off and look maybe...
edit: or is that a hybrid card? Pic is kinda bad...

thanks for the reply if I take it apart I lose the 3 year warranty, and no it not a hybrid card just the "AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G"

Contact the mfr and see if they will send you a replacement panel.

Also thanks I will send it back and hope to get a replacement from Amazon

Last edited:
OK then I would guess that those are glue spots that don't react to the uv. nothing wrong with it and I don't think its a reason they'd rma for. whats it look like with the uv off, Pic?

OK then I would guess that those are glue spots that don't react to the uv. nothing wrong with it and I don't think its a reason they'd rma for. whats it look like with the uv off, Pic?

I can only try and see what amazon UK will say and do they do have a good custom service. So they are glue spots! now I know thanks here is a bigger picture
new.JPG

they COULD be glue spot I'm not sure. and this Pic kinda make it look like the opposite where the glue is fluorescing more. its something in/on the frosted window.

they COULD be glue spot I'm not sure. and this Pic kinda make it look like the opposite where the glue is fluorescing more. its something in/on the frosted window.

When the vga card is off you can't see anything I even taking the card out of the computer and there is nothing only when the rgb lighting is on it looks like this, also I didn't see this before in my other case only in the new one when I change it over

that's why I'm saying its a reaction to the uv lighting.

I understand, but to my point if I turn off the RGB or sold colours I will be wasting my money that is the reason why I buy this card so if it have a UV problem then amazon should replace it

its the uv(purple) leds causing the window to glow funny. are they part of your board or a strip? the uv is not part of the card, they have regular rgb built in so this wouldn't be a rma'able problem. turn off the purple/uv leds and see how it looks with just the cards rgb.

its the uv(purple) leds causing the window to glow funny. are they part of your board or a strip? the uv is not part of the card, they have regular rgb built in so this wouldn't be a rma'able problem. turn off the purple/uv leds and see how it looks with just the cards rgb.

and it is likely the other cards would be identical.

I would like to say thanks for the help,

But the RGB is built into Aorus Card and no I can't turn off any colour in RGB mode the software don't let you do that, I can change it to a solid colour but it don't make any defences it's the same in the image, also my led lighting strips is not the problem here the problem is the card itself I have even turn off my rgb fans also lighting and motherboard RGB but it is still the same in the image.

AORUS GTX 1080 Ti, the AORUS Falcon head is RGB backlit

Last edited:
bottom line is that the uv is causing the fluorescing issue and its not an actual problem with the card. if you turn off the uv you won't see the spots therefor they won't rma it for that, its an ascetic issue with your setup. but if you don't agree, try asking Asus directly.

bottom line is that the uv is causing the fluorescing issue and its not an actual problem with the card. if you turn off the uv you won't see the spots therefor they won't rma it for that, its an ascetic issue with your setup. but if you don't agree, try asking Asus directly.

But what is the point of turn off the RGB on the card this is the reason why I buy it in the first place, and it's not Asus card it's gigabyte Aorus, the problem is the Falcon head RGB backlit, but the card came with the RGB lighting and software to be used if the card RGB is faulty than the card have a problem and is under warranty for 3 years same for my RGB fans and strips if the RGB is faulty it should be replaced not just because it's an "ascetic issue"

I just will have to ask amazon to replace it after New year

here is image what it should look like.

Aorus-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-Xtreme-Edition-11G-20.jpg

yeah I get that and oop about the Asus. turn off your purple uv light and take another Pic with just the cards rgb going.

yeah I get that and oop about the Asus. turn off your purple uv light and take another Pic with just the cards rgb going.

I have no UV in my computer and the I card is only ruining on RGB mode when I took the image in the first place as said before I have turn off all my RGB fans, RGB Lighting strips, and RGB motherboard makes no difference it the Falcon head RGB backlit on the card only

Here is my tower
_MG_4891 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Depending on the type of post purchase warranty you bought with the card Amazon most likely will not take it back. You may need to open a ticket with Gigabyte, highly possible all it needs is a new panel. Depends on how modular it is, it could be a simple swap or a new card.

I can still see the glue spots in the case picture. When the motherboard lighting is orange.

Depending on the type of post purchase warranty you bought with the card Amazon most likely will not take it back. You may need to open a ticket with Gigabyte, highly possible all it needs is a new panel. Depends on how modular it is, it could be a simple swap or a new card.

I didn't need to take any warranty with amazon the card is under two years with amazon and one year with Gigabyte,

I buy from Amazon UK not amazon .com has I live in the UK if I buy it from a third party seller I stand no chance.

Worry-Free Guarantee (Two-Year Limited Warranty)
If you purchased your Device: This Warranty is provided by:
From Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, or from authorised resellers located in Europe

I got it after you last full Pic, the purple is what I thought was uv. I see it not that now.
did you email them those pics?

I got it after you last full Pic, the purple is what I thought was uv. I see it not that now.
did you email them those pics?

here is one more image like I said I will do it after new year because I may not get my replacement card before Christmas time with amazon, in the mean time I will post this on gigabyte forum also, my friend said their could be a plastic film on it but I checked and there is none. he just email me a link it seams I am not the only one have this problem

http://www.overclock.net/t/1627238/...e-gtx-1080-ti-owners-thread/400#post_26044684

Glue spots - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Did you clean the card with alcohol?

It looks like the ink/glue used for that stencil pattern on the plastic got dissolved.
It appears to have leaked in on the top edge and ran down the back side of the plastic.

Did you clean the card with alcohol?

It looks like the ink/glue used for that stencil pattern on the plastic got dissolved.
It appears to have leaked in on the top edge and ran down the back side of the plastic.

I used nothing to clean the card and never have/will, this can be just a fault in just a few cards out 10 or gigabyte is hiding something what can cause this to happen in the first place.

Last edited:
Ok, no problem.

Just wanted to bring up a possible cause for what happened.
It does look like a solvent got under the plastic though.

Ahh, there you go.... another pic of similar damage to the adhesive on the plastic.

Looks like the heat did the dissolving/melting of the adhesive.
Kind of poorly designed on Gigabyte's part then.

Seems like you should be able to get a warranty replacement for that.
The trouble is that the replacement will do that too unless Gigabyte fixes the problem.

If you can get the plastic pieces out without tearing them up, you could clean off that adhesive
and see if you can find a clear heat resistant adhesive. Maybe just a couple of very small dots
of superglue around the edges.

Or just leave the plastic pieces off and see how that looks.

Ahh, there you go.... another pic of similar damage to the adhesive on the plastic.

Looks like the heat did the dissolving/melting of the adhesive.
Kind of poorly designed on Gigabyte's part then.

Seems like you should be able to get a warranty replacement for that.
The trouble is that the replacement will do that too unless Gigabyte fixes the problem.

If you can get the plastic pieces out without tearing them up, you could clean off that adhesive
and see if you can find a clear heat resistant adhesive. Maybe just a couple of very small dots
of superglue around the edges.

Or just leave the plastic pieces off and see how that looks.

If I started to take it apart I lose my 3 year Warranty this might been a problem on the first cards that came out this year in May 2017 here in the UK but was over looked by gigabyte team on the rush to get it out, or they know the problem and try to cover it up IMHO

I have been waiting few days now for the gigabyte forum UK to let me be a member they say they will email me still waiting then I can post these images and see what they have to say on the matter.

Last edited:
I have contact Amazon today but they can't send me a replacement card because they are "Temporarily out of stock" because of Christmas time so now I have to wait until January and amazon will replace it then I like to thanks the members who tried and help me fix this problem.

Happy Christmas

Man that's a total bummer. I'm an aesthetics guys too and that would drive me nuts... If the liquid was on top of or under the plastic logo you should be able to clean it, but looking at the picture it seems like the liquid is in between the plastic?If that's the case the logo needs to be swapped. It also looks like there is a small scratch near the eye... Perhaps it got dropped and the plastic got cracked and formed air bubbles? Not sure. All I know is I would RMA it if I were in your shoes.

For some peace of mind I grabbed a few cards from our inventory just to spot check. They both look normal (pics below). Hopefully that helps alleviate any anxiety over getting another card with the same issue. I'm in the US and can't do much on the UK side of things, but if I can be of help my e-mail is [email protected]

eagle off.jpg eagle on.jpg

Man that's a total bummer. I'm an aesthetics guys too and that would drive me nuts... If the liquid was on top of or under the plastic logo you should be able to clean it, but looking at the picture it seems like the liquid is in between the plastic?If that's the case the logo needs to be swapped. It also looks like there is a small scratch near the eye... Perhaps it got dropped and the plastic got cracked and formed air bubbles? Not sure. All I know is I would RMA it if I were in your shoes.

For some peace of mind I grabbed a few cards from our inventory just to spot check. They both look normal (pics below). Hopefully that helps alleviate any anxiety over getting another card with the same issue. I'm in the US and can't do much on the UK side of things, but if I can be of help my e-mail is [email protected]

View attachment 47011 View attachment 47012

Matt, the user said this was not a liquid, that was just a guess on what could have caused this.
It appears that other users are seeing similar damage if you click the link he posted.

Looks like a heat problem at this point.

ETA: link is to another one with similar damage.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1627238/...e-gtx-1080-ti-owners-thread/400#post_26044684

Last edited:
Back