1080 in 2015

Eradan

[H]ard|Gawd
I know 1080p has fallen out of vogue by this point in 2015 but I'm trying to determine what the best 1080p gaming display options are at this point for someone who wants to ride it out a little longer. Seems like much of the focus in the enthusiast community has shifted towards 1440p but I'm considering skipping that train and waiting until 4K becomes more mainstream along with DX12 and the next gen of video card (ie Pascal). 1080 with all the bells and whistles turned to 11 still looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Plenty of people still game in 1080p even today. For a 1080p gaming display I'd get one with gsync/freesync but if you don't really care for that then get the LG 24 inch 144Hz monitor. If you're on a tighter budget you can go for the Asus VG248QE, image quality will be crap on that thing but it gets the job done.

I know 1080p has fallen out of vogue by this point in 2015 but I'm trying to determine what the best 1080p gaming display options are at this point for someone who wants to ride it out a little longer. Seems like much of the focus in the enthusiast community has shifted towards 1440p but I'm considering skipping that train and waiting until 4K becomes more mainstream along with DX12 and the next gen of video card (ie Pascal). 1080 with all the bells and whistles turned to 11 still looks pretty good.

4k gaming is not going to ever be "mainstream" (well for at least 10 years anyway) ... for 4k gaming to be mainstream graphics would have to stay the same... but obviously they don't, some games I cannot run ABSOLUTE maxed + AA at 1080p on a 980ti, 1440p looks nicer than 1080p especially on a monitor... But if you have a nice 1080p TV it is still good. Quite a few games I prefer playing on my 40" 1080P VA tv over my 1440p IPS monitor... 1440p is better but 1080p on a TV is fine.. for a monitor over about 23" you really want to go to 1440p though.

The best 1080p display for gaming is one that runs at 144hz and has gsync.

That's what I'm interested in: a 24" or 27" 1080p display that runs at 144Hz with GSync or Freesync. I can upgrade my video card if necessary. I guess I'm interested in the best quality 1080p for the least amount of money. I read all these posts by people with expensive displays and multiple video cards and I envy them but at the same time I've always had a hard time justifying that kind of expense. I have too many other interests that are also very costly.

That's what I'm interested in: a 24" or 27" 1080p display that runs at 144Hz with GSync or Freesync. I can upgrade my video card if necessary. I guess I'm interested in the best quality 1080p for the least amount of money. I read all these posts by people with expensive displays and multiple video cards and I envy them but at the same time I've always had a hard time justifying that kind of expense. I have too many other interests that are also very costly.

http://www.144hzmonitors.com/gaming-monitors-buyers-guide-june-2015/

Last edited:
Back