1080 at 2.8GHz on ln2

CSI_PC

2[H]4U
Not much information released yet by either EVGA or Kingpin and Tin, but they have hit 2.8GHz with ln2.
As impressive is the memory clock at 6202MHz, effective 12GHz.

CkXRV1_UYAApOr9.jpg

More details will be needed regarding stability,etc.
Cheers

Last edited:
And it's only at 1.06V in that screenshot. Check out the i7-6950X at 5.24 GHz, too.

Makes me want to rebuild my peltier dessicate chamber... I don't have the time or money right now to do it right, unfortunately.

Very impressed. I would love to have a go with LN2. I do have a couple of single stage Phase Change units at home. That was pretty cool in itself.

So good @ the haters in this thread calling things into question. We are literally in week 3 of 1080 availability...like a week ago people were saying things were "at their limit". Gimme a break.

So good @ the haters in this thread calling things into question. We are literally in week 3 of 1080 availability...like a week ago people were saying things were "at their limit". Gimme a break.

Well, I think the main purpose these cards exist is for gaming. These cards are pretty much at their limit for gaming. For dedicated LN2, sure, they got plenty of wiggle-room.

You do realize the only way to clock that high was to rig an external power card to the 1080, right? We still don't know yet what the limitations of the core are without modification, with Galax providing insight that it might be 2.2 GHz.

Back