• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1050/1050 Ti folding

Toconator

[H]ard DCOTM January 2026
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
880
Hey all, anyone using a 1050 or Ti to fold? I've still got an old 650Ti generously donated by wurmy some time ago (and it will be donated in turn to a needy guy I know who just had a bad accident) giving it the college try but most WU's take more than a day and it's not worth the power draw. Reason I ask is 'cause my Server is close to the limit for the UPS so I can't go nuts on a GPU in it. What kinda PPD's are they getting?
 
I've not seen many reports due to the fubar'd drivers, from a very hazy memory I think it does around 150k PPD and does not need an additional power connector
 
Pretty sure they do over 150k but less than 200k. As in they wont do 200k at all, but they'll get close. As Nathan_P mentioned the drivers for them are causing issues with Core 21.
 
I'm using two 1050 (non-TI) on Win 10. I get about 280K PPD cumulative. That's on a mix of jobs and using the "fixed" version of the driver for 10 series boards.
I run the clocks with a bit of an overclock. No extra power connectors required and the tool says they are running under 70W each.
The PC is not used for much 90% of the day except FAH but I do have a monitor connected to both via HDMI.
 
Hmm, so 140K for a non Ti and ~ 150-190K for Ti. Thats quite a bit better than what my 750 Superclocked gets, maybe I'll replace it too. I'm aware of the driver issue (still running 372.70 on my Maxwell/Keplers) and its making me wait for a 1070/1080 upgrade for my main boxen (just got a new 1440p monitor, woot!) but apparently a fix is in the works for core 21. Need to make up a bit of ground as I had a boxen not folding after a forced Windows update as I wasn't in town for 2 months and couldn't log in to resume FAH :inpain:. Thanks for the feedback guys
 
Hmm, so 140K for a non Ti and ~ 150-190K for Ti. Thats quite a bit better than what my 750 Superclocked gets, maybe I'll replace it too. I'm aware of the driver issue (still running 372.70 on my Maxwell/Keplers) and its making me wait for a 1070/1080 upgrade for my main boxen (just got a new 1440p monitor, woot!) but apparently a fix is in the works for core 21. Need to make up a bit of ground as I had a boxen not folding after a forced Windows update as I wasn't in town for 2 months and couldn't log in to resume FAH :inpain:. Thanks for the feedback guys
where do you get those drivers? I tried the nvidia website but they only go back to 10/2016.
 
where do you get those drivers? I tried the nvidia website but they only go back to 10/2016.
I keep copies of drivers on my Server. Not every single driver release but pertinent ones that were good folders or support for a new card or game specific. Heh, I've still got ones for Win 9x that are small enuff to fit on a floppy!
 
Back
Top